• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some questions - need help!

Fluffybunny

Warren Scout
Hiya,

I'm at my witsend with one of my bucks - Poppy, when I go into the shed (he has toys and hay balls on the fron of his hutch) he puts his head underneath them to make noise and runs under them so they fall from a great height and bang against the mesh.

Obviously I can't be with him 24/7, he is and outdoor bun and I have 6 others so while I am seeing to them he is going mental pacing up and down.

I let him out so he can run free in our large garden, but all he is bothered about is chasing my feet for one reason only :roll: I try and tire him out by running all over the garden with him at full pelt behind me, but when I put him back he's just the same!!! :eek:

Also I can't go in his hutch without him - well - you understand :roll:

He is due to be neutered but at the moment I can't afford it so he will have to hang on.

What can I do to calm him down??? He is never still and is very lean as he is always jumping around in his hutch making noise with his toys so I will go and see him, he won't keep the weight on (although dont get me wrong he is not thin).

Cheers Rachel :idea:

Rachel, castrating him should calm him down a bit, but for now do you have a larger space you could give him or a spayed female friend to keep him company?

Diddeen had some relief using a stuffed bear for her boy to take his frustrations out on!

Caz

:lol: :lol: :lol: tried that he was more interested in eating it and wasnt bothered about that unless it was moving :roll:

Rachel, i'm of work today so i'll go read a couple of books and see what ideas i can come up with buit at the moment im a bit stuck! all the best and try not to worry too much XX

He sounds like a very intelligent bun who is frustrated, bored and craving company. He needs to be neutered and have a spayed female friend as soon as possible. You say that you have six other buns - are all of these unspayed and living alone?
It may be that Poppy can smell an unspayed doe and it must be driving him nuts.

Yep that's the problem. When he's neutered I plan to bond him with an unspayed older doe.
All the others are un-neutered too, becuase I breed I am not looking to neuter any but my pets, so yes they will be driving him wild.
Rachel

Fluffybunny said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: tried that he was more interested in eating it and wasnt bothered about that unless it was moving :roll:

Sorry just had this vision of you attaching a piece of string to teddy's leg then hiding round the corner and pulling it along until he gets all excited ;) :oops: !!

:lol: :lol:

Caz

i have one just the same rachel but at least urs dont spray lol he is just very excited and frisky at the sounds of it, some do clam down if u breed from them but i know poppy is just a pet and u have no bkground of him so this wouldnt be a good idea, u could try bachs remedys not the rescue one as thats for more a fright thing but there r alsorts of remedys u can try there is a website for it but cant remember now it was given to me on the other forum but this u can get from healthstores, its all natural so u could give it a try but dont know if it would work its just an idea
becky

Back