• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you teach an old rabbit new tricks (Litter training!!) ?

BirdieBun said:
how old is Huggie?
Not even a year yet, i am on the phone to the vet now to see if i need to take him back. He hasnt drunk or eaten since at least 11.00. I can't stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just get a glass of water and try to stop crying cos you will make yourself poorly too :( , he looks a strong little man and will do his best to fight off whatever he has got :wink: , have you had to separate him from bunny?

BirdieBun said:
just get a glass of water and try to stop crying cos you will make yourself poorly too :( , he looks a strong little man and will do his best to fight off whatever he has got :wink: , have you had to separate him from bunny?
No he is still with Bunny, the vets have said that if he still hasn't eaten by 5.30 i have to take him back and he has to be admitted and given fluids. He keeps digging all his litter out of the tray and laying flat or on his back breathing really heavy. He has been to the vets twice before because he stopped eating but he picked up quicker then. Am off to have a cup of tea, calm down and go out and see him again. Bunny is loving it, she has eaten the food and enjoyed the fuss, bless her she is getting in before he gets better!!!

ahhh poor Huggie c'mon little lad you can eat something for your mommy go on be a good boy................my thoughts are with you let us know in the morning how he is :wink:

Hiya,

Sorry to hear huggies not feeling good :( Did your vet given him a painkiller? That might help make him more comfortable also you could try gently massaging his tummy.

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Tamsin said:
Hiya,

Sorry to hear huggies not feeling good :( Did your vet given him a painkiller? That might help make him more comfortable also you could try gently massaging his tummy.

Best wishes,
Tamsin

He gave him Rimadyl and metoclopramide, he gets a bit upset when i touch his belly so i have left him as i don't want to hurt him, he keeps sqeaking occasionally too. He is out of his litter tray now but still not eating or drinking. I am off to try and tempt him now with a small bowl of water.

Aww, poor chap. You could try adding a splash of apple juice to his water, it makes it extra yummy so more tempting.

Tam

Back