• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

PLZ HELP ASAP!!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Hiya. My bun had really bad tummy upset about a week ago, so we have'nt gave him any veg or anything, just bit of dry food a day/ unlimited hay since then, and today he has had really runny poos. Erm, he hasn't really let me pick him up, and seems to have a sore tum but i don't think its a vet job, as he seems fine in every other way!! I have just been and bought a syringe and some baby food (which was advised) do u think this is safe and a good idea, or is there anything else u suggest?! Please help asap. Luv Becki xx

I'd take him straight to the vet, I don't know much about the causes but runny poo's are not good for little bunnies.

Betty

I'd follow Bett'ys advice and take bunny straight to the vet. They can get dehydrated very quickly, even if you are syringe feeding.

sorry to hear about your bunny :? I agree a vets trip is paramount especially if things have not settled for a week.
The bunny may need antibiotics (if it is a bacterial tummy bug),or other treatment, a course of probiotics, and possibly fluids. Bunnies dehydrate so quickly when they have lose droppings or the runs proper, even when syringed with water :?
Good luck at the Vets, and let us know how you get on.
Best wishes,.

If it is truly 'runny poos', ie diarrhoea, then it is a medical emergency....perhaps you mean soft poos?

Good luck :)

definately runny poos, thanks everyone. will phone vet as soon as i get a second, he isn't taking water from bowl, bottle or syringe so pretty worried.

He was booked in at vets for this morning, went to see him this morning, expecting the worst, that he would be no better, and there couldn't have been a happier chirpier little bunny waiting at the bars for his breckie, These little horrors amaze me!! :twisted:

beckiboo186 said:
He was booked in at vets for this morning, went to see him this morning, expecting the worst, that he would be no better, and there couldn't have been a happier chirpier little bunny waiting at the bars for his breckie, These little horrors amaze me!! :twisted:
Lol !!! Ben sometimes gets a funny tum, but you can usually put it down to something he has eaten - too many veggies, half the lawn, the front of my jumper, the leg off his hutch (he's a proper chubster!).

Could your bun have eaten anything funny ?

Back