• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rose Petals?

anon101

Banned
Does anybody know if there OK to feed Rabbit's?

I know wild Rabbits eat them as you often here gardeners cursing them for munching on there Roses.

I've got some lovely Rose's. Would make a nice change for the Rabbits.

Louise

Bunnymail sell dried rose petals as food:

Petal Pot Pourri
This is a wonderful all natural treat! This is purely dried rose and sunflower petals only! Naturally colourful this treat smells wonderful and is readily eaten by all furries! You can not get more natural then dried petals! Feed a pinch or two a day and watch them hoover it up!
GG012 25 grams £2.00

Don't know about fresh although most humans can eat rose petals (as long as no pesticides have been used).

Caz

Caz said:

Petal Pot Pourri
This is a wonderful all natural treat! This is purely dried rose and sunflower petals only! Naturally colourful this treat smells wonderful and is readily eaten by all furries! You can not get more natural then dried petals! Feed a pinch or two a day and watch them hoover it up!
GG012 25 grams £2.00

Don't know about fresh although most humans can eat rose petals (as long as no pesticides have been used).

Caz

Thanks for the information Caz.

Louise

Hiya Louise , we give our bunnies rose petals as an occasional treat, as long as the roses are not sprayed with anything they should be fine..in moderation :) ..and not chocolate covered :x :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
Hiya Louise , we give our bunnies rose petals as an occasional treat, as long as the roses are not sprayed with anything they should be fine..in moderation :) ..and not [a balanced diet with plenty of veg, followed by snuggles for dessert] covered :x :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Adele,

They’re not sprayed or anything.

Little blighters don’t like then anyway! :lol: All four have turned there noses up. I will leave then in their cages for a while to see if they decide to have a nibble later.

Cats are having more fun chasing the petals all across the room! Looks like we have rose petal carpets now! :lol:

Louise

Caz said:

Petal Pot Pourri
GG012 25 grams £2.00

Caz

I ordered these for the buns but have been too frightened to try them as when it came it looked very much like pot pourri :lol: :wink: . Smells nice, but strong - does anyone elses bun eat these, just before I try them :? :wink:

What about Pansie petals? :?

I only ask 'cus Sparkle managed to steal some the other day while Caroline was planting our hanging basket! :shock:

She doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects though :?

Jeremy said:
What about Pansie petals? :?

I only ask 'cus Sparkle managed to steal some the other day while Caroline was planting our hanging basket! :shock:

She doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects though :?
I'd say Pansies are just fine :lol: :

ben2.jpg

Back