• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pics or references needed!!

sarattie

Alpha Buck
Hi I currently have a rabbit 80 indoor cage for buddy which he is really happy with.
I want to upgrade it to the ferplast rabbit 100 as we have moved and have room for that sized one.
Please does anyone have one, have pics of one, or any advice or other ideas for me?

thanks

sarah

thanks
I have seen that one. surreypetsupplies are the cheapest so far. thing is seeing it in the home situation is much different to seeing it 'catalogue' pics. and hopefully people here have some. Id also like to see the blue one!! ;) lol

Ideally, id like a crate or the cubes, but the OH wont allow it as he thinks that they look 'cagey' and take up too much room.
I should be grateful really he did take on a girlfriend with an indoor bunny and agree to us both moving in!! So i do ahve to be a bit careful what i choose!!!

I have a ferplast 100 .. that Nala is now living in. It has a grey base and metal top.
I got it from a petshop in Fleet for about £50 i believe.
If you want piccies let me know what u want and i can try take some for you.

id love to see some pics of it set up with your littlun in it...

would you reccommend them? and more importantly, would Nala??

:D

I have 3 of these cages I dont use them though, i dont think there big enough for guniea pigs let a lone a rabbit to be living in unless they are used as a base for a full time free range house rabbit

thats exactly what it is, a base. buddy is free range all the time, although now hes getting older he ends to spend more time lounging in there on the cosy vet bed! which is why i want a bigger one...

Another option might be a dog crate? They tend to have a little more space and head height. You can usually find them in either powder coated black or brass colour. If you wanted something alittle more furnature like then you could get a local carpenter to build you something custom, a wood frame with mesh over. There are some ideas here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/hutch2.asp

Tam

i know. Il like one but OH hates them. he thinks they look to cagey
personally i like them bt i have to go with what we both want, especially as it is his house!!!

ok.. i just cleaned her out so will take some once its set up. how big is your rabbit?
Nala will be moving into the dog crate with Simba once she is playing nice with him! She comes out loads whenever i am at home.

hes quite small. smaller than a dwarf lop
hes a english spot

104-0464_IMG.jpg

112-1264_IMG.jpg

When i had mine set up i joined two together although this was just a base as claude and miffy were free range
1b393cfa6a745c2b284ca444523fe164.JPG

thats a good idea as the end lift up dont they?? though i d only have 1 but i could link it with the 8 maybe...?

sarattie said:
thats a good idea as the end lift up dont they?? though i d only have 1 but i could link it with the 8 maybe...?
Yeah i bent the hooks a little so i could take the whole side off then joined them together with cable ties

Here's mine.. Couldnt catch Nala so Simba is modelling it for you :lol: Altho i just noticed Nala manged to sneak into one shot :lol: Simba is about the size of a mini lop, weighs 3lbs.
cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

Hope you dont mind me saying its also best to remove the front door again just by bending the hooks a little,i know there was a story not long ago about a rabbit that got its leg caught in there when it was hanging down like that the rabbit struggled and its leg was badly damaged

heres my current one
DSC01500.jpg

excuse the ratties holiday home plonked on top...

you can see why i want something bigger.....

Back