• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies meeting for the first time

We are waiting for Sidney and his girl to come home at some point hopefully soon :D
I am worried about how Hugs and Bun will react to them. We won't let them out together but when they do go out in the garden seperately they will obviously see each other through their runs, the same as when Milly and Bonny go out into the garden. Should we keep them in their runs from now on so they can't see each other and create an area for Milly and Bonny or are they likely to get on as long as they can't get hold of each other :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Hugs and Bun were fine at WG next to other rabbits but have been here since November so may regard it as their garden, i would hate for their bond to break or for them to fight with one another as they are so in love :D

hi mark and shell as i have so many groups i know eactlt what you mean, but as long as they are all castrated (i will come to the reason in a mo!) then having seperate runs for each is fine.

i have two free range rabbits one of which refuses to be caged :roll:

so all the rest are in runs dotted around the garden at the moment!

most are fine even when the free rangers are about, apart form the young ones, as soon as they see a bun that they do not share a cage with the start humping or fighting with there cage partners, but mind you they are young and have loads of hormones :roll:

but i find the adults are not a problem!! so you should be fine!

bertie is also free range because of his size feel it a little cruel putting him in a shop bought run but he does cause trouble!!! scraps at the others through the bars and cause absult caos with my younger buns :shock:

but as i said as long as they have all been done and are adult most like the company (seeing others through the bars)

Eve x

Being as Sidney moves about an inch a day he will probably stay in his run, after all the hard work which has gone in to it :D :D
Hugs and Bun will still come out though and both have been done as have Millie and Bonnie so fingers crossed it should be happy days :D :D :D
We can but try, as i said i would hate to break any of the bonds so better to be safe than sorry :wink:

I have 14 buns at the moment-10 of whom are permanently bonded. Then that leaves one doe, who lives on her own but can run loose with one of my bucks Dylan who is recently bereaved and I can't make my mind up who to put him with as he is o.k. in a threesome with a laid back pair I've had for 6 yrs. And two neutered bucks who hav'nt been paired off yet as I hav'nt had them long.They all have runs in the garden which is split into two sections.In these sections I also have enclosed runs which I can move around.Whoever is loose will go up to the pairs in enclosed runs and this sometimes annoys them and sometimes it doesnt.Who ever is out first the nextday chins over everything the previous days occupiers had marked and this seems to keep them busy scenting for hours.Sometimes the boys protect their girlies when a lone buck comes up to the runs to say hallo and vice versa with the does chasing off the curious other partner!We've had a couple of broken nails from scratching at the wires and two slightly cut noses but nothing major.After a half hour they all chill usually.

Back