• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Rabbit hissing/spitting!!

aawww Romy... afraid i dont have much more advice than has already been said.. ive tried wrapping in a towel before but as she is so big you'd need a big towel eh
I hope she calms down soon and you manage to sort the smell out.. im sure it isnt pleasant for you :?
Maybe one of the london hopper's would come give u a hand?

Romy said:
What makes it worse is that I have her on the hay and water diet to lose weight and also stop runny poops which have cleared now thank heavens....I see her looking at me like "how could you be so cruel, first you wipe my backside then you don't even give me some treats to make it worthwhile!" :shock: :lol:
How about those dried flower petals you can buy from bunnymail ? I'm sure they cannot be fattening as there is virtually nothing to them. I've never tried, but apparently buns like them as treats. You might get a better reception at the butt end if there was something worthwhile having at the head end !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

aaah Romy, please don't worry girl. If the towel doesn't work, which I don't think it will, apply 'Sudacrem' to the offending area. I was very rudely introduced to my first rabbits years ago by taking on a violent giant lop, Rosie, and her 3 legged daughter Pansy. I wish I knew then what I do now , but Rosie was evil! She had serious 'dirty bottom syndrome' and for 18 months I cleaned her each day and whacked loads of sudacrem on her. I am sure she hated me but spent the rest of her life comfy! Her daughter Pansy chewed holes in the carpet, because eventually she could only move in circles but I loved them so much.
Dear old Rosie eventually got fly strike, before the advent of rear guard. By then she and her daughter had terrorised local dogs, who dared to get in, my friends, what cost a baurbour jacket, and my husband!!
Romy leave me a message tomorrow with you tel number, I am going to the vets in am, which is quite a round trip, but I will ring you apap. Worried about you bunny mum, love alice x x x P.S but not worried about bunnies

Back