• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bad News

I'm so sorry for your loss - losing one bunny is hard enough but 2 is even worse especially when they were both babies. I lost a little boy when he was 10 weeks old - he had a really upset tummy and died the next day :( No prizes for guessing where he came from!!!

Nicola

I'm Really sorry. there can't be much worse than not knowing, the same happened to other people I know.

Big hug to you.

Maureen

Oh I am so very sorry - they where such sweet looking buns :cry: My heart goes out to you at this terrible time - it's so unfair, they where both so young :cry:
Run free in the eternal sunshine babies, have fun and play with all the other buns there xxxx

oh my gosh. That is so horrible! I also lost my bun, just a year old for unknown causes. Its really rough, but right after I lost him, I came here for support and found that and much, much more! We are all here for you and again, I am very sorry.

aaawww how awful for you.
Sooo sorry to hear of your loss :( Take care and feel free to stay and chat on this forum.

Re your little Angels, can you tell us what vaccinations they had. Did they have VHD which is so fast acting? Please tell us because we just want to help. Lots of love to you

Diddeen- I would never leave such a nice place! You all are true Angels!

aliceechamberlain-The vet didn't know what they died of, Thay didn't have any vacc.(that I know of), and I only had them for about 3wks, I had scheduled to get thier shots done and it was supposed to be done tomorrow.

But I will most likely be adopting another bun shortly so pray that,that goese well. Me and my mom even went today to look at the buns that are in are county's(USA) pound, let me tell you guys they had some cute buns, they even had one that I was very attracted to, but Iam going to think about it and see if I can handle another bun so soon. I still haven't cleaned out their cage yet, it is just setting there.

Sorry for your loss :( Bun's at that age are quite vunurable to stomach problems, they may had a bug in the gut of something :? When you are ready to clean out the cage make sure you use strong disinfectant, the same on anything else they've used just to make sure :)

Tam

Aww I'm so sorry :(, it must be terrible. The exact thing happened to my friend, but 5 of her rabbits died in the space of 2 months, and they were no older then 6 months.

If they were outside could something have frightened them and they both have had heart attacks?

Just a thought we've had an owl frighten a bun to death while he was out at dusk.

Just read this thread - so sorry to hear of your loss. :( You will know when the time is right to get another bun.xxx

I don't want to alarm you, but have you thought about getting your boiler checked for Carbon monoxide leakage just to be on the save side, it might be leaking gas and it may of effected the bunnies if they are down strairs. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Just a thought, I always panic about sudden death situations as I know someone who died of carbon monoxide poisoning, so I am a bit paranoid about it. As long as you are safe :wink:

Back