• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The light has gone from our hearts

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Our beloved and adored little man Mr Jingles left us at 5pm yesterday (15th March) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mr Jingles had been here for just on two years (3 days short of) - and in the time that he was here he had us in stitches every single day. He had an absolute ball and we always said, even after just a few days of him being here, that Mr Jingles was enjoying every second of his life.
Last year he even bonded with Maple - she is a spayed doe and had just lost her partner Smudge - she would not entertain any of the other bucks that we had, but she fell hook, line and sinker for our wonderful boy. They had an great time together and loved one another so very much - it was so wonderful to see them together - Mr Jingles had been a stud buck for 10 years and had never had a proper relationship with a doe - for him to have his Maple was heaven for him. Maple knew that he would hump her for a while but then she knew that he would get fed up - and she was right. He settled down properly and only tried it on now and again after that initial few days. Maple used to wash and groom him and he returned the grooming with her.
For just on 9 days Mr Jingles had become very poorly - he was backwards and forwards to the vet - yesterday he went for x-rays on his skull and then came back home. When he got home he refused to eat, drink or groom - we tried syringe feeding him but he was mouth breathing very badly by then and he could so easily have inhaled the liquid.
Maple groomed him for a long time and then she went away from him - all this time his breathing was getting worse and he was making horrible noises :cry: :cry: We knew it was time so we phoned the vets and they said to bring him straight in. We did this and Sally could see the change in him from the morning - she agreed that nothing could be done and that Mr Jingles was ready to leave :cry: :cry: This was just as hard for Sally as she loves Mr Jingles and is actually his sponsor.
I held him for the longest time and told him how very special he was to me - I told him that I would not be able to stop crying for a while and that he had to understand that as 2foots can be very wierd when they grieve. I told him that he meant the world to me and that I was so very, very lucky to be his mummy. I told him that he had given us the greatest gift of all, himself.
Daddy stayed with him and talked to him and stroked him - Mr Jingles went very quickly and very peacefully - John said to be careful at the Bridge of Violet in case she was still a bit of a masher - he said that it wouldn't be long before we where all reunited and that whoever got there first between Mummy and Daddy would be looking out for him right away. He said that if it was him then Mr Jingles would immediately start tormenting him and that if it was Mummy then Mr Jingles would want snuggles on mummy's bumpy bits right away. John swears that Mr Jingles smiled.
If any bun in our household, out of all the buns that we have had, if ever one would love a wake and for us to be happy and celebrate his life, then that bun would be Mr Jingles.
He lived life to the full, he had so much energy at such a great age, he was loving and such great fun. He made us laugh so much, he tormented John something rotten and he was so very good to his Maple. We will never, ever find another Mr Jingles, he was unique. He was the biggest pain in the butt you could have but the funniest as well.
He came out of that carrier that he was brought to us in and he leapt straight into my heart - I adore him - he meant the world to me.
Run free our darling boy, enjoy that eternal sunshine and watch out that you don't get too hot - you love the sun, you just love to lay and bake in it - so just be careful. Tell the rest of the Hairy Mob that we love them and we miss them and that we will never, ever forget them.
I love you Mr Jingles, I love you so very much - words cannot express what you mean to me. You are the true love of my life.
We will look after your Maple for you, we know that she isn't well but we will keep a careful eye on her. For you darling boy, we would do anything. Go and get up to lots of mischief at the Bridge - and when you blink we will all be together again my baby boy. I know that you where nearly fifteen years old but I always called you "My baby boy" and "My special little man" and you know that is what you are.
I love you sweetie - I'll see you soon my darling.
All our love from Mummy, Daddy, Maple and the rest of the Hairy Mob xxxxxxxxxx
[/img]
MrJingles1910301.jpg

MapleandMrJingles04046.jpg

[/img]
MrJingles04042.jpg

oh heavens Jaypot you made me cry. Couldn't have been a more loved bunny, so sorry for your lose. Can honestly say I feel for you

Betty

AWW jaypot, I am so sorry about your little bunny, he looked adorable. You have had a terrible time of it lately, but always have to remember what a wonderful life they have all had with you. xx

Such a lovely tribute to a very special bunny :cry: :cry: My thoughts are with you Jay and John :cry: :cry: your words are so so touching and we all feel your sadness from reading them :cry: :cry: :cry:

run free Mr Jingles

aaawww im so sorry to hear that Mr Jingles has gone over the bridge :cry: He was a handsome little fella.. and your stories always bring tears to my eyes too.. you really do care a hell of a lot for all your special bunnies.
Take care Jay and John.

What a tiny little sweetie he was :) I remember meeting him two years ago, or more, when all he wanted to do was jump up and down, up and down, off the top of a hutch! He never lost his love of life and I think we can all learn from that.....to see the very best in every situation.

The love and freedom he enjoyed at your place, when his breeding days were over and he was no longer wanted, was something he treasured for ever - he wants you to smile and laugh at him, as now he is up to his old tricks again at the bridge. Making all the others laugh and no doubt tormenting them as well!

My deepest sympathies, John and Jay, and love, Anna x

I'm so sorry for your loss. Mr Jingles obviously meant the world to you, and Maple. He was such a cute bunny! :cry:

Oh no........... Mr Jingles.............nawwwwww! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so very very sorry Jay, sending you and John huge Scottish hugs.

~ Binky high and far Mr Jingles, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

*goes to get a tissue to wipe snot off the keyboard............... :roll:

On no :cry: :cry: :cry: Jay I am deeply, deeply sorry to hear about your beautiful Mr Jingles, nothing I can say will take your pain away, but please know we are all feeling your pain and loss too.
God bless you for taking such loving care of Mr Jingles, he had an Angel caring for him during his lifetime, and is now with the Angels in Heaven.
Huge hugs coming to you from Worcestershire, you are very much in our thoughts.
Lots of love XX

Oh Jay, I knew who the author was when I saw the title of this post and my heart breaks for you, I have tears rolling down my cheeks. You are so wonderful with your little ones and you have such a lovely way of expressing your feelings, it never fails to touch my heart deeply! Lots of love and big hugs to you all.

Oh I'm so sorry Jay, I have tears rolling down my cheeks, what a lovely boy Mr Jingles was and what a wonderful age :) Give Maple lots of nose rubs from me and my gang and huge hugs to you and John.

Nicola

I'm so sorry Jaypot. I can't stop crying after reading your post and those lovely pics of Mr Jingles.

Binky free lovely little Mr Jinkles and know that you will always be loved xxxxxxxxxx

dearest jay and john

everytime i read your posts i cry, such heart felt words, and what amazing people you really are, i sometime sit and read them and wonder how you carry on with the losses, but the most important think is that you do and bring these buns magic in their lifes.

i am so sad to read about mr jingles and send all my love to you and the rest of the buns

best wishes

eve x

run free darling!!!!

Oh Jay Im so very very sorry to hear this. Yet another outstanding tribute to an outstanding little bunny boy. The middle picture is just so lovely.

Binky over the bridge little guy and enjoy the sunshine like Mummy jay said.

Angela

So sorry to hear this Jay and John. He looks like such a mischievous character in his photo. How sad you must be to lose him. But he has left so many happy memories. What a lovely life he he must have had with you.

Binky free wee man.

Im so sorry Jay ( & John ) Im bawling into my coffee, He sounds like one very adored bun. Hope everyone else helps you feel a bit better,

Take care,

tahra

Back