• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

runny eyes

hollierose

New Kit
My older mini has runny eyes. i dont know if its something bad or not but i would like to know if i should bring her to the vet ASPA. or if its somethin i can wait till there appointment the 28th.
hollie

I think runny eyes is common in older buns. My boy is an oldie and he has constant runny eyes. His been to the vets 3 times about it, and the very say his fit as a fiddle. I would take your rabbit to the vet just to be on the safe side.

Hiya

I would take your bunny to the vet sooner than the 28th. 2 of my buns have recently had runny eyes and they were given some cream by the vets and has now cleared up, altho I have noticed that the cold wind the other day meant that Princess had her runny eye back but gone by the next morning.

It can also be an indicator of teeth problems so best to get it checked.

Nicola

We've had the same sort of problems but with snotty noses, i remember after many trips to the vet that on one trip the vet said he didn't know what was the course as to him all he could see was a perfectly happy and healthy rabbit, then we were referred to a exotic vet and he did X/Rays which revealed whole different story, a large infection caused by the front tooth roots, his four front teeth have now been taken out.
My advice, ask your vet to do an X/Ray, as, as time gose on a hidden problem may be getting worse which if left to long may become harder to fix, the thing you have to decide is how longs the problem been going on for and do the drugs etc work, unfortunately drugs etc may only mask the real problem and when your rabbits body gets used to the drugs or you stop the drugs for a while the signs just seem to flear up again.

Back