• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In the event of Bea and Mai not getting on,

The only thing I noticed was the type of catch - you would have to fit extra bolts if putting that outside as foxes can work the twisty locks.

Looks like lots of lovely room though!

Caz

Tree hows about buying a small shed, B & Q do one for around 150 pounds and it is better value for money space wise for the bunnies.
I can advise on that and fox proofing pens etc later, but please dont give up just yet, I have not even started trying to bond the bunnies properly yet..give me a few days to really see what is what :wink: :)

Will do I am going e-mail the company and see if they can do something a bit bigger / fun. I will ask about the catches, I might have it in the garage yet. I don't think my nerves will be able to take it if they were outside, but then they could have the hutch bit for their house and in the run I could put their toys and other playthings.

Adele said:
Tree hows about buying a small shed, B & Q do one for around 150 pounds and it is better value for money space wise for the bunnies.
I can advise on that and fox proofing pens etc later, but please dont give up just yet, I have not even started trying to bond the bunnies properly yet..give me a few days to really see what is what :wink: :)

Will do, but I was getting an idea pf prices etc, the only thing about sheds is, I was worried about insulation as my boyfriend is very useless and the housing bits inside, I will go and have a look at some shed now.

I am still hoping they will bond, just weighing up my options :D

hi tree

dont give up yet adele might be able to sort them out, (with a good smack on the bottom :lol: :lol: )

anyway check out ebay for the stuff on happy hutches, i think they are a bit cheaper, and a good idea from adele about the shed, i will take some pictures later of the enclosure we are building out side to show you and maybe give you an idea.

how big is your garden tree?

why dont you want them living outside, mine do fine outside honestly!!!!

eve x

Hiya Eve, that would be great cheers.

I am going to sound stupid now, I am worried about the foxes and I am worried in case someone kills them, I know I sound paranoid, but it's happened quiet a lot around my surrounding area. I am also worried in case I forget they are there, although this is highly unlikely. I am worried they will get cold and worried I will miss them in the not in the house and scared that they will escape. The pen in the kitchen was only ever going to be a temporary home until they were settled in, they couldn't live there permanently, as there is not enough stimulation for them.

I know there is a very good chance they will bond at Adele's I just wanted to have a good look around different outside accommodation, in case I need to save a bit of money.

Tree said:

I am going to sound stupid now, I am worried about the foxes and I am worried in case someone kills them, I know I sound paranoid, but it's happened quiet a lot around my surrounding area. I am also worried in case I forget they are there, although this is highly unlikely. I am worried they will get cold and worried I will miss them in the not in the house and scared that they will escape. The pen in the kitchen was only ever going to be a temporary home until they were settled in, they couldn't live there permanently, as there is not enough stimulation for them.

I know there is a very good chance they will bond at Adele's I just wanted to have a good look around different outside accommodation, in case I need to save a bit of money.

Perfectly reasonable worries and part of the reason why so many of us do choose to have housebunnies! I know I wouldn't be happy about them being outside and probably more so worried about what human can/would do to them. So your not sounding stupid to me.

Angela

Tree said:

oh honey i understand your concerns but with good measures you can prevent alot, i had six hutches built in the shed, and it has a padlock on the front door, so i cant see a human wanting to spent the time trying to hack it off just to get to the rabbits.... also my hutches that are situated in the garden also have padlocks on every door!!!! the enclosures when finshed will have the same and we bought some heavy duty pet mesh (you cant even bend it) for the enclosures and will make them so no animal can get in or out, as for in door rabbits i have had cats (someone elses cat jump through my window, wall through my frontdoor, and have heard that someone had a fox jump through their window to get to their house rabbit, you just have to do the best you can tree!!!!

eve x

Back