• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be ok to ... (Advice needed)

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
After almost a year of pursuading the O/H to let me get Mikey a girlfriend he has just about caved in :D
He would prefer to get an older girl (aged 5 and up) would this be ok as Mikey is one - although not a very active one year old.
If it would i'm on the look out :D O/H half is a bit fussy though he really wants another lop :roll:
Myself i dont very much mind.

Hia Mikeymoo, there is a lovely little lady rabbit who is five years old called Lily in gloucestershire with Alice Chamberlain. Look on RR under Gloucestershire! She is very sweet natured xxxx :D

It really depends on the nature of both rabbits. As you say yours isn't that active, then 4-5 would I'm sure be fine, perhaps look out for the more active of the older ones as sometimes youngsters can pester the older ones if they want to play!! My oldest got very fed up with my 6 month old and ended up biting her!! But I think if I tried them again now (over a year later) they would be better as Amy the youngest has calmed down and Pip looks a bit more energetic!!

As long as the buns get on well age doesn't matter too much, the only thing to think about is that the older one will most prob pass away before the youngster so you will be left with a younger bun wanting company again! (Although obv this isn't always the case as anything can happen!) I think temperament is more important that age tho, as long as you think they will get on well :)

We had a pair of rabbits in, one was 6 the other was 2, sadly the younger one passed away but we homed the 6 year old with a 3 year old girl and they are the best of friends!!

Nicola

Back