• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jealous Rosie??

bunnygran

Warren Scout
As you will know we are trying to bond Jack and Rosie with Tia and Tyson, our 11 wk old lion heads. All has gone well with Tia, Tyson and Jack who all seem comfortable together now and will run round without any squabbling. Rosie is a different kettle of fish. Unless my partner holds her she will charge at the babies and try and bite them. I bought some rescue remedy spray and have been using this for the last couple of days and she seems less anxious, but as soon as the babies come near she tries to charge at them.

Is it possible that she is jealous. She is a very attention seeking bunny and is always running round me and jumping up and down off my knee wanting to be stroked. I am not sure whether she sees the babies as a threat, is jealous or frightened, I just don't know. We are hoping to continue as we have been doing and hope she will eventually get used to the babies and stop trying to attack them. Also, when my partner has been nursing the babies, Rosie jumps up and bites his shirt and we think it is the babies scent she doesn't like. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Darcy was did the same to me yesterday - i had been stroking Bridget and he nipped and dug at my jumper because it smelt of her I think. As soon as I took the jumper off he was fine again.

I think bonding is just a worrying time thats going to take a long time!! xx

I think you are right Romy, it will take a long time. It just worries me that Rosie is trying to get hold of the babies and they are so small at the side of her I am frightened they will get hurt. I would rather abandon the bonding that let them get injured.

Hope your bonding is going a bit better than mine :)

Back