• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit scuffle!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi two if my 17 weeks old brothers (recently neutered) were in the run and had a scuffle today lots of fur filling but no damage (well i hope).

well i have put one back in the hutch, do you think i should make up another hutch and split them permantely i really dont want to but must do wants best as they are in the shed i cant watch them all the time.

what do you think

eve x

Could you try putting some wire fencing half way down the hutch to separate them, but so they could still smell and see each other? Then just try bonding them slowly and keep an eye on them until you feel comfortable taking the divider out?

If they were recently spayed, maybe they still have hormones in their system, and maybe when the hormones go down, they will be nicer to each other. If they've been together since babies, it ought to be possible to keep them together, right?

Lauren

I wouldn't risk leaving them together once they have scuffled, especially given their age and the fact they will still have hormones present for a while.

It would probably be better separating them and once it is safe pairing them with one of their sisters.

I had a pair of brothers who lived happily together until about that age and hated eachother for ever afterwards once their hormones kicked in :roll: I don't think it is uncommon. If they had remained happy together, great, but once they have scuffled it is only likely to escalate.

i have separated them now but they can still sit next to each other and see, and smell each other, i put some wire between them....

just werid how the have lived together all this time and have just today started fightening, i wonder what sparked it of, we were doing work in the garden today making their enclosures so there was a bit of sawing happening, wonder if it could have been that.....supose i will never know or maybe it was a blessing in discise that i can put him with flora or valentine, if and when they come!!

Back