• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Gentle Nici joins his beloved Sparkles at the Bridge

Jaypot

Mama Doe
On Tuesday 8th March at 7.30pm our sweet and gentle little boy Nici rejoined his beloved Sparkles at Rainbow Bridge :cry: :cry:
On the day that we lost our beautiful Bobby and Waggly-cat, Nici had gone in for a dental - it was found that he had a terrible abscess in the jaw and Sally the vet operated but told us that the chances where slim.
Nici had been such a good boy, he was letting us clean the abscess, he was eating well but the weight was still falling off him - we took this as a bad sign :cry:
On the Tuesday he would not eat or drink, he was given painkiller but still no improvement :( Whilst I was holding him while John cleaned out his abscess I found a really hard and large lump under Nici's throat :cry: We knew then that the abscess had spread and turned bony - we also knew that our little boy was suffering :cry: We phoned the vet and Sally was still there - I hoped so much that something could be done but deep in my heart I knew that this was the end :cry: :cry: I held Nici close and told him that we loved him with all of our hearts - I told him that if the pull of Sparkles was too much then we would understand :cry: It was breaking my heart and although I tried so hard not to cry in front of him I couldn't help it :cry: The tears where falling onto Nici but each tear from me was representing a kiss. I cuddled my lovely white gentle boy and kissed his head again and again - but gently as I didn't want to hurt him. John had to take him from me as I couldn't part with him :cry: I just couldn't :cry: :cry: :cry:
John was so upset and was crying buckets as well - we love the boy so much what else could we do? John took him to Sally and she was so shocked at the amount of weight that he had lost - she felt the abscess and the hard lump under his throat and said that nothing could be done - she said that the abscess had spread and was now pressing on his windpipe and he was unable to swallow as well :cry: John asked her if there was anything that we could do - anything at all? She was so upset when she said that the kindest thing would be to let him go - even if we had brought him back home for the night we would have still had to take him the next morning and he would have suffered overnight :cry: :cry: We couldn't do that to our lovely sweet boy so John held him and told him that our Nici would always be with us - that our Nici would always be our Nici and that we would love him forever.
Sally then let him go and let John stay with him - John talked to Nici for a long time and then left to come home where we both broke down :cry:
We know that you are with the love of your life again now Nici, your Sparkles meant everything to you and even though you where such a brave boy when she went to the Bridge the love you had for one another was so strong that you needed to be together again. I hope that Sparkles made a lovely big burrow and got to know all the other buns there - and that when the time came I pray that Sparkles came and took your paw and together you went to the Bridge - never to be parted again.
We love you Nici, we always will - you where such a poppet and so very sweet and gentle. Thank you for choosing us to be your mummy and daddy - it was us that where honoured and we will always be your mummy and daddy.
Tell the rest of the Hairy Mob that we love and miss them dear boy, and know that you, our darling, will be missed forever. When we all join up again we will hug you all so much and I will give my brave boy a special kiss for helping Billy the way that you did.
Until we meet again our baby boy, run free in the eternal sunshine and enjoy all those kisses and cuddles off your beloved Sparkles.
All our love always, from Mummy, Daddy and the rest of the Hairy Mob xxxx
nici289203.jpg

[/img]
SparklesandNici16631.jpg

ORR Jaypot, he was totally beautiful, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. We can all totally understand what you are going through, and you did what was right for him and let him go to sleep. You are a truly lovely person and it is obvious to anyone that you loved him with all your heart. Were all thinking of you Jaypot. xx

Aaaaaw, Jay, why is it that you always touch my heart so very, very deeply? I feel so desperately upset for you, my dears, you and John, my heart goes out to you, I am so truly and utterly gutted, I just can't say any more, I am so sorry! :cry:

Oh Jay. Everytime you write another one of these, I break down. Your emotions are so strong through your writing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jay i am so sorry for your loss, this has not been a very good year for you, my thoughts are with you, take care

Aaaawwww im sooo sorry to hear this Jay.. You got me crying now too :cry: .. My heart really is with you and your furry mob.

Dear John and Jay, I am so very sorry your beloved Nici has left you to join Sparkles. He is out of pain and in sunshine now.....xxx

I'm so sorry for you lose, that was a really touching story. it made me cry. :cry:

Thumper sends his Bunnie Kisses to you x

:cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely boy but he'll be forever at your side and now snuggleing with little Sparkles.

Play in heavenly burrows little Nici

:( :( run free little Nici :cry: reunited with Sparkle, your true love. My thoughts and heart go out to you Jay at this very sad time.

I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. What a beautiful boy he was and what a happy life he must have had with you both and Sparkle.

Binky free wee man reunited with your lovely Sparkle.

the tears are stinging my eyes right now . I,m so so sorry that you have had to go through this . Nici is beautiful and will be pain free now with his beloved sparkle .

Sorry to head about your poor boy.

Binky free Nici with your rabbity friends over the bridge x

Awwww Jay what a terrible loss, such a pretty boy. Although its a shame at least he is now with his dear love who obviously meant so much to him.

Binky free Nici, enjoy the Bridge.

Angela

Back