• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

veg daily? poll

veg daily

• daily,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh I give dried grass that I buy, is that ok? I do get it from outside in the summer.

I have a large tupperware box which I fill weekly with various veg, they have a handful of that each plus a kale or spring green leaf hand fed to each of them.

I think that as long as your rabbit has been raised on veg then its okay every day, if not u need to bulid up the veg slowley. As u know rabbit it veg all day in the wild and hay all winter so its a natural diet, but captive rabbits are not so hardy and caution is best. val

Mine have fresh veg everyday, Roger will eat anything but Jessica is a very fussy eater. I am pampering to her needs at the mo cos she has had lots of babies, bless her.

Betty

I give Ralf and Poppy a thin slice of carrot each, a small piece of broccolli, a handful of spring greens and a small piece of apple each - twice a day with a small amount of super excel twice a day and loads of hay.

Mine have lots of veg daily
Am
a bowl of dryed grass with a tiny bit of dry
peice of carrot,brocilli,cabbage leaf,peice of apple and whatever other veg i have
A big tray full of hay
then the same pm

They are all very healthy with no tummy or bottom probs

Ollie has a bit of carrot (which she never touches-but put it in, incase), celery tops, brocolli, and apple daily, every now and again she has a bit of melon too.

The guinea pigs have a lot of veg and eat a whole carrot each daily.

My 3 have 1/2 bowl of pellets between them in the morning and a tea plate of fresh veg, usually a selection of savoy cabbage, romaine lettuce, kale, baby spinach, broccoli, fresh herbs and 1/3 carrot each!! depending on what I have in the fridge!!!

They have fresh hay in the evening to nibble on and 1/2 bowl of pellets.

These are per rabbit:

AM
1 small handful of pellets
1 small carrot

PM
1 large handful of pellets
Small floret of broccoli
Half a cabbage leaf
8th of an apple (no core)

Free hay all the time.

Dudley has a runny tummy sometimes. We have to give pellets cos the skinny little b*gger needs the calories, he also gets a couple of dessertspoons of oats every day as well.

Mine get alot of carrots as I buy a sack every week, at least until the weather gets too warm as then they go off too fast. But by then I can pick grass and other wild edibles in large enough quantities. So in the winter they get a carrot most evenings, or half an apple, or a stick of celery, or a cabbge leaf, or a parsnip. They always have some sort of veg anyway, but not in large quantities.

Mine get whatever we're eating so as long as we get our five portions of fruit & veg so do they :D

We have a bowl that gets filled throughout the day and they have it in the evening. So if we have carrots for tea the tops/tails & peeling go in the 'bunny bowl' ditto with parsnip etc. if we have brocoli the stalk and any spare bits go in the bowl, etc. Yesterday they had apple, carrot, a slice of cucumber today they have a whole carrot on the kabob, plus parsnip and some cabbage.

They eat a pile of hay big enough to cushion their bums while they eat it and about 75g of pellets between two of them, half of which goes in the treatball.

Tam

The smell normaly give's it away.

Bad hay smell's musty/mouldy and is usually very dusty. Bad hay is often darker then good hay.

Good hay smells sweet and fresh, it should be light green in colour. It should contain little dust.

Louise

A couple of stupid questions:

1) what's the difference between dried grass and hay? I thought hay WAS dried grass :?: :?:

2) With Fennel, should you feed the leaves or the root? I always see fennel root at the supermarket, but I don't see the leaves so often...

Thanks, experts! :D

I feed veggies once a day in the evening. They get 1/3 of a carrot, 1/4 of an apple, 1/3 of a celery stick, plus sometimes piece of brocolli and cauliflower (if mum buys it!!) and as a treat they get a tomato, raspberry or some cucumber, normally once every week or two weeks.
They also get about 50g A+P pellets each (Princess gets 75g Excel), and lots of hay. I've never had any problems with their tummies and their teeth are all fine :)

Back