• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Post Speying No Poo!

bunola

New Kit
Hi,

I had Milly speyed on Friday,spent all week reading all the advice on the site. It is so great to have a site like this.

Things seem to be going well, she is hopping around being nosey as usual, she is eating and drinking and weeing, but I have not seen any currants or poo since she came home.

She has eaten parsley and her dry food. I have checked her wound and everything looks good.

Any ideas?

Could you have missed them somewhere? I don't know, but perhaps you could get her checked over by your vet to be on the safe side.

I'd be concerned about the lack of poops and would phone the Vet straightaway. My Vets are great and never make me feel that I'm being paranoid.

mine was spreyed last monday but really want eating either, the vet can give a injection to make her gut move, i would get down there and have her checked out if i as you.

eve x

Flopsy got spayed on Friday too and refused to eat anything for 24 hours although she was drinking and weeing and active there were no poos apart from the few she did when she first came home until about an hour ago.

I had to get syringe food down her for most of Saturday but she'd started eating by late afternoon, and ate normally yesterday however nothing came through until an hour ago today. I was beginning to think I'd have to take her back to the vet's but she's fine now, so I'm just hoping Milly is too very soon.

Thanks for the replies,

Sorry no update PC down.

When I got home on monday lots of poo, still took her to the vets for check up and everything ok.

Am now counting off weeks until can start bonding again, am hoping having Milly speyed help.

Back