• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st(ish) attempt at bonding. Update

Tahra

Alpha Buck
Well we thought we should give Coco another chance to meet a bun as its been 3 weeks since her spay.......J took her up to his office ( we fixed on that as neutral territory as the buns are never allowed in - too many cables) and I brought up Otis. He got the short straw as he's always the easiest to catch. Let them sniff each other for a bit whilst we held them; then I had them both on my lap together for a good couple of minutes. ( Even managed a photo!) Then let them onto the carpet, it was calm for about 30-40 secs...fur flew and I seperated them. Calmed each of them down then tried again...instant wrestling. J ended up loosing the most blood being bitten by each bun on both hands !
We put Coco back in her pen and she instantly flopped down exhausted. I took Otis outside and he did the same though he had Ella to lick his fevered brow. Thought that was more than enough for one day - my nerves were shot and J was demanding plasters !
When I was feeding the Buns last night I noticed Otis had a wee bit of a weepy eye, when I took him inside to bathe it I also found a small wound under his chin. Not sure if Coco got more than fur, as it was already scabbed over......More bits to keep an eye on.
Early days I know, might wait another couple of weeks again before trying anything else as Coco is probably still smelling a bit intact. There was a very odd smell when they wrestled.....?

:? Poor you. I've had bonding problems too this weekend, Maisie has broken her nail thought she had broke her toe at first, but I've had a realy good feel and luckily her toe is ok.

That was lucky - Ive been through broken toes before, no fun....... Otis has a white discharge from his eye, though nothing too bad. Sod's law its the week after their vet visit.

:lol: :lol: I know what you're saying, I am at the vets every week. I may as well set up a monthly direct debit straight to them out of my wages. They now call me the bunny girl.

Tree said:
:lol: :lol: I know what you're saying, I am at the vets every week. I may as well set up a monthly direct debit straight to them out of my wages. They now call me the bunny girl.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well turns out Coco must have got one of her right hooks in after all..... Otis still had a weepy eye when I got home so took him down to the vets, although he had white gunk looking like an infection, he actually had a small tear in his lower eyelid. Very small and luckily no damage to his eye. But poor wee boy will be scarred and to add insult to injury he had to have a jag before going on Baytril for a week. He nearly had to have the jag in his bum, as he only had his VHD last Monday ( No reaction again , Eve) and a healing bit on his shoulder from Ella.

Poor chap He's been in the wars. One of these days I will get round to photos and you'll know who Im talking about !

Back