• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zippy and Scooby

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Just to let you know, they had the all clear last night.

The vet was very happy with their progress, the mites have cleared up. Scooby has lost 3 quarters of a kilo, her breathing isn't laboured anymore and her sticky bum has cleared up completly. All going well this time next month she will be able to be neutered. Which I am looking forward to doing as she keeps mounting her sis, as only Zip was well enough to be done when I had them

:D

great stuff tree, and keep up the good work girlly!!! what is 3/4 of a kilo, i am a pound and stone girl myself!!!

Me too actually, I think there is 2.2lbs in a kilo, so think it is abou 1.5lbs. I am really chuffed Scooby is starting to look the same as her sister.

Aww you are making me blush :oops: , I have sent you both PM's but for some strange reason they are stuck in the outbox.

Ahhh well done Tree!!! Thats great news - please post new pics of her soon!! Sorry you know I'm greedy for bunny pics all the time!!! :D

I'll be coming to you for your advice on bunny slimming soon!! xxx

Ha ha I did feel evil putting her on a diet, because she loved her food, but the sticky bum was so bad that she had to get some weight off to be able to eat her poos (Soz I know it's lunch time).

I will get some good pics this weekend.

Back