• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor rabbit in!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i have just inquired about a bunny on the rr site, who they say is an out door rabbit and i wanted her as a partner for kymber, they say they would not be happy to rehome her as an indoor rabbit as see has always been and out door rabbit.

do you think they can adjust from outside to in or should i look for an indoor bun?

eve x

well he was very interested for the past couple of days in both the babies and bracken (who even behind bars managed to rip some fur from him) and he still went back for more, so i am pretty sure he would be ok with a bun to live with.

i dont want to put one of the babies with him because they are still quite small compared to him and they will be evenly matched ie....3 brothers and 3 sisters so if poss want to kpp them together.

and valentine the bunny i was interested in is a stunner!!!!!

Honey was only tiny when I first introduced her to Alfie, they were fine - Alfie was very laid back though.
Just has a look at RR and, I agree, Valentine does look lovely - not spayed though so that may cause a problem with bonding.
I recall someone complaining a while ago that Wood Green would not rehome buns as houserabbits.
I used to regularly visit Wood Green on a weekend when a friend of mine was looking for a rescue dog.

towsbuns she is due to be spayed tommorrow, they say they can do a home visit out here, i dont like telling white lies but once the home visiter had gone do you think i could bring her in or do the centre do further home visits. what do you think (i hope no one on here works there ha ha !!!)

eve x

They did come round and visit my friend's new dog once it was in his new home. This was several years ago so not sure of their policies.

its such a shame she is a stunner and i would love to have her, if anyone has a bun that colour or similar (just fancy a change from grey, black white) please let me know.

eve x

I could always put some weights on Honey's ears if you like.
Just joking - I wouldn't part with her. She may be a madam but her feisty attitude makes me laugh.

Towsbuns said:
bunnylove said:
shes defintely a honey!! :lol:
She is definitely NOT a honey.

yes she is!!! brcaken the same a fiesty little cow but i love her to bits, i was nearly sick waiting to hear if she was ok from her op the other day, dont they just have lots of character... :lol:

Towsbuns said:
Honey was only tiny when I first introduced her to Alfie, they were fine - Alfie was very laid back though.
Just has a look at RR and, I agree, Valentine does look lovely - not spayed though so that may cause a problem with bonding.
I recall someone complaining a while ago that Wood Green would not rehome buns as houserabbits.
I used to regularly visit Wood Green on a weekend when a friend of mine was looking for a rescue dog.

its quite annoying actually, i have just read the big ad on the rr home page about they have had an influx of lots of small animals and they are turning down a home :cry: :cry:

bluebunny said:
Miffy was only 8 weeks old (tiny)
when i put her with claude who was fully grown

i know but i like the idea of the litter mates being together. hows it go woman are from venus and........ my o/h thinks its the other way around and some times i aggree, maybe i am from mars :lol: .

I would just pretend she was being kept as an outdoor bunny but bring her inside. Niamh was an outdoor bunny when I got her in December and she's been fine living indoors. She even refuses to go outside if I leave the back door open!!!

touie said:
I would just pretend she was being kept as an outdoor bunny but bring her inside. Niamh was an outdoor bunny when I got her in December and she's been fine living indoors. She even refuses to go outside if I leave the back door open!!!

thats what i am thinking but dont know if they keep doing checks :shock:

Back