• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nest building

WonderBunn

Alpha Buck
Hello peoples,

Just a quick questions. My little Thora (4 months old now) has made a nest, bless her. Pulling her fur out and collecting hay. Now she lives with her mum and dad bunnies and they are both neutered so I am not worried about her being pregnant (unless bunnies can hump through cages - she escaped and went to see Squishie - whos is meant to be a girl anyway - upstairs who is in a closed pen)

The question is, do I just leave her to it? We are hopefully getting her neutered at the end of March when I have some time off.

She looked so funny with hay poking out either side of her mouth and fur all over.

hi mine did this after i took her babies away, i left it there for three days until she got bored of it (stopped doing it) then took it away...

if you take it away immediately she will pull more fur and its a bit cold :lol: :lol:

Miffy did this lots of times before she was spayed,she made a nest of her hair chewed up newspaper and bits of vet bed,i left the nest in there for about a week them took it away about 4 weeks later she would do it again!
poor miffy she was bold underneath!

Probably will leave it in with her then as I said going to get her spayed soon so hopefully she will stop after that. As long as shes happy!

Back