• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help getting jaro to take vitamins

Martin E

Warren Scout
we're trying to get jaro to take the ACE-High vitamins in an attemtp to boost his immune system - trouble is, he obviously hates the stuff, even going so far as to not eat his food when sprinkled with a few pinches of the powder.

He will sit and stare at his food, give us a dirty look and then repeatedly lift and drop his bowl until we change the food.

Has anyone got any tips for getting him to eat this stuff ? - we were wondering whether to mix it with a bit of water and syringe feed him with it immediately before he eats.

the directions are to sprinkle a tiny amount (a couple of pinches) over his food.

Thanks

Martin

I'd mix it with pineapple juice (obviously one without any sugar) and syringe feed him with it a little bit at a time.

How about hiding it in a piece of his favourite veg? We used to get sugar snap peas, break them in half, put a few drops of metacam in and Charlie would eat it straight off - and metacam stinks. Could be worth a go?

Apple puree? Veggie baby food.... you'd have to mix quite small quantities to hide the taste but might be tempting.

Good luck!
Tam

How about mixed in with a small amount of mushed up banana? I resorted to this last night with Harley rather than fight him to get 1ml of baytril into him and I was surprised to see him munch away at, if its just a pinch then you'd only need a small slice of banana.

Angela

thanks - the pineapple juice seems to work a treat (he ven licks up teh spilt drops) - although i think he'll like the banana option too - i think its his favourite food.

must try and add a piccy as a sig here too :)

Martin

Back