• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Brave Bobby has gone to the Bridge

Jaypot

Mama Doe
At 4pm today we lost our beloved Bobby :cry: :cry: He had tried so very hard to overcome this latest illness but it was not to be. Since Bobby came to live with us two and a half years ago he has fought battle after battle with ill health - he always bounced back and we thought that maybe, just maybe he could this time :(
A few weeks ago I posted about Bobby developing head tilt due to an abscess in the ear that was spreading to his head - he slept in bed with me of a night and was so very good. For about two weeks John and I did shifts where I would go to bed between 9 - 10pm and then John would bring Bobby up to me between 2 - 3am. I would then nurse Bobby throughout the rest of the night whilst seeing to other buns as well.
It was exhausting but he was worth it to us - just as each and every one of our precious furkids are.
We had seen the decline in Bobby over the last few days especially - he was not really eating on his own but would take 50mls of recovery at a time. We didn't mind doing this and we didn't mind nursing him - for the rest of our own lives we would have done this.
Bobby just kept losing more and more weight and he was having trouble staying upright - he was hardly moving and although we wouldn't say that he was in pain, he was certainly in discomfort and had no quality of life at all :cry: :cry:
We took him to see Sally the vet this afternoon after he had had another good feed from Dad and I had been out with him wrapped in his bunny blanket - we went into the garden and sat on the seat and the sun was shining on his face and head. He didn't even realise he was there :(
Sally checked him all over and said that it was time - we knew deep within our hearts that this was so but we still hoped for that miracle :( Sally said that he was already half way there and that his heart was extremely weak :cry: :cry:
We had no choice, we had to say goodbye :cry: :cry:
I could not stay - Daddy stayed with him - We broke our hearts crying - we knew that you had tried and tried darling boy but we could not ask you for any more - that would have been extremely selfish of us.
We love you Bobby, we always have since the moment we set eyes on you. You loved being with us and you loved being upside down in our arms getting carried around - you where so gentle and loving.
Your Billy will miss you so much as well - he had been with you all your eight and a half years.
Our hearts will never heal from the loss of you - we just asked you to tell the Hairy Mob at Rainbow Bridge that we loved them dearly and then we asked you to have lots of fun in the sunshine and in the fields.
You are our dearest Bobby, our wonderful strong and brave soldier. We will never forget you darling - we love you always and forever.
We will look after Billy for you - we promise you.
Till we meet again our golden boy - be happy.
All our love always, Mummy, Daddy, Billy and the rest of the Hairy Mob xxxx
[/img]
Bobby16631.jpg

Oh Jay, what a lovely, lovely boy, I am so very sorry for you and John. Big hugs to you. xxx

Binky free over the Bridge little Bobby.

I am so very sad to read about the passing of you rlovely bunny Bobby.

No matter how prepared we think we are it is we always hope for a miracle.

Bobby is at peace now and is hopping about happily in a lovely meadow over the rainbow bridge.

Take care Jay - lots of love to you and yours.

lol Pam, Pie, Mash, Aggie & Twinkle

Ps Dearesr Bobby, Run free and hapoy wee man, give our love to Kim and all the other bunnies. xxx

I am sorry to hear this :( Sometimes it is for the best but no matter how many times we say this to ourselves its still a knife to the heart isn’t it. I am sure he will be fine from now on.

SO sad to read :( Thoughts to you and John,. and also to Billy who I'm sure will miss him as much as you guys!

I dont know what to say, I cant believe what a truly heart-breaking day you have had. I am so sorry you have had to go through this, please know we are all here for you if you need to talk. You are a lovely person who doesnt deserve this, we all totally understand the heartache you are going through right now, but you've always got to remember that little bunny had a truly wonderful happy life with you. xxx

So sorry to hear this, you did so much for the wee boy. Now he will be at peace with the spirit buns. Thinking of you.

Oh Jay, each and everyone of your tributes always brings tears, you write them with such emotion.

Good night Bobby, binky over the bridge.

Angela

jay i don't think anything i say will make you feel better, just take comfort in knowing he loved you and wouldn't want you to be sad for him but happy that he is now free

my thoughts are with you

:cry: :cry: Oh Jay - I'm so sorry to hear about little Bobby - such a heart wrenching tribute to your special boy and heavens he's had such love with you, John and Billy.

Thinking of you both.

Graze in the heavenly Meadows Little Bobby X

Jay I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely boy. Thinking of you both at this sad time, sending big hugsxx

Binky free sweetheartx

Jay and John,

So sorry to hear this. What a lovely, heartfelt tribute to your special boy.

Lots of love
Jill

Jay, thats so sad, my thoughts are with you. I hope Billy is coping too. Snuggles from me and Charliebun. x

Back