• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newspaper in the hutch!

I've heard that its the pine and cedar that are bad for them, but that Aspen wood chips are okay. I line my cages with newspaper, but I only use the black and white, not the colored sections. (I also heard the colored sections are bad for them).

For litter I use carefresh bedding, old hay and shredded news paper (I just sort of toss in all the hay and paper bits that they've scattered on the floor), and then throw some new hay on top. I haven't had any problems so far (knock wood--or touch wood as y'all would say)

I've heard Yesterday's News is a good cat litter to use (its made of recycled papers) but I don't know if its just an American brand)

Lauren

Vet-Beds are the fluffy white ones ??? I had one them - it got eaten :shock: . I was going to say that Beautipet/cat is available in supermarkets but I think thats already been mentioned. It makes some mess with the cats Ive got sawdusty pawprints to hoover up everyday.....
Ive found thought that the wood litter is better than the paper just for seeing what goes on and had a nicer smell IMO - just remember what ever you do DONT GET CLUMPING LITTER :)

Back