• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Rabbits and Sounds.*

Toby

Banned
Is there any sound that scares your rabbit? Toby’s hates the sound of loose change (money) clacking together, he will always start thumping. I have never figured out WHY it is this sound that he doesn’t like, yet I can hoover around and it dosen't bother him at all. :? I have to be really careful when going through the piggybank :wink: Do any of you have the same problem with your buns?

Darcy hates the sound of hte shower!! He doesn't mind the sound of fast running water from the tap or the flushing toilet...just the shower!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flump gets all agitated when I swat gnats in the shed with a newspaper.
I spose it sounds just like a back leg thump! :D

Poppy HATES aeroplanes, we live near an airport, so pretty much unavoidable!! She dives behind the brick bbq, and cowers down - awww. Ralf hates the sound of Poppy jumping down the ramp on her 2-tier hutch and landing at the bottom as she makes such a thud - it scares the living daylights out of him!! :lol:

Bear hates it when I clip my nails ................... (I know, I know, I've told you this before :roll: ) ..................... clip.......thump..........it's ok Bear.........clip..........thump.......s'awright darlin'.............clip..............thump...............nearly done............clip.............thump.............Bear, it's my nails not yours.............clip...........thump..............stoppit Bear................clip...........thump...............s'okay........ etc.

bunnyhuggger said:
Bear hates it when I clip my nails ................... (I know, I know, I've told you this before :roll: ) ..................... clip.......thump..........it's ok Bear.........clip..........thump.......s'awright darlin'.............clip..............thump...............nearly done............clip.............thump.............Bear, it's my nails not yours.............clip...........thump..............stoppit Bear................clip...........thump...............s'okay........ etc.

I agree with Romy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!

Peter hates it when I load the dishwasher he hates the sound of cutlery on china as when my hubby Ian is scraping the last of his desert out of the bowl :roll: he thumps like mad then.

Tracey

With Zeus its the hoover the others don't like it but they aren't as bad as the big wuss who runs and sticks his head under athena or in a box :roll: !

Zeus doesn't like fairy lights and thumps at them but I haven't noticed him thumping at many sounds.

The others have never thumped to my knowledge - except Athena does it when I put her in her carry case but that is because she is stressy ;) !

Caz

Smokey thumps when he hears me walking towards him :roll: normally when its time to go in

Sugar only thumps when the gate opens and closes!!!

Timmy hates metal sounds like keys or forks clattering.
Flopsy has never thumped I don't think she is too busy relaxing!

Absolutely nothing, Charlie never flinches, however loud the noise! :roll:

Am now wondering if he's deaf! :shock:

I've always assumed its cos he grew up in a student house with lots of people and noise all the time. He's an extremely laid back bun. :)

Minnie hates the sound of loose change as well :!: Thumps like mad at it going on - so we very carefully put our loose change away :?
None of them really mind the hoover - in fact, Maple likes to ride on it now and again :shock:
Some of the buns don't like the alarm clock going off so I have to make sure that it is on for music and not the buzzer :roll:
One thing that they all hate - me taking tablets out of foil packs - they go nuts :shock: Mind you, I'm not that keen myself as I see it as a waste and it's non-biodegradable :!:

The window cleaners ladder is a sure fire way to get some thumps :D. Bang the back gate as loud as you like, use power tools in the garden - no problem. Just not this ladder !

My two rarely thump, but they do get startled by each other sometimes. One of them runs and plops into their cage, and then the other one hears the plop and gets startled and runs and plops into a box in the corner. Then the other one hears the plop and....

One thing I think is funny, though. My neighbors have dogs that bark all the time right outside the window, and they never seem to get scared of the barking...

BevBunny said:
Absolutely nothing, Charlie never flinches, however loud the noise! :roll:

Am now wondering if he's deaf! :shock:

I've always assumed its cos he grew up in a student house with lots of people and noise all the time. He's an extremely laid back bun. :)

Yup, I always thought Xena was cool as a cucumber...but no, more like deaf as a post! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smokey hates the sound of motorbikes, lawnmowers, any machines like that are loud etc, she'll run a mile!

as for snowy, she's fearless, I hav'nt yet found something that she does'nt like the sound of.

Back