• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sootys gone to the bridge. PM Update.

Oh Angela - I'm so sorry to hear your news re your lovely bunster Sooty -
Sending you a Hug and Harley Bunster a snuggle.

Binky Free Little Sooty - have fun with the Spirit Bunsters.

Angela I'm so sorry to hear about Sooty, thinking of you and sending big hugsxx

Binky free ickle Sooty xx

Angela how are you feeling today??
You are very much in our thoughts, love from all at the GA Sanctuary.

Thanks for asking Adele, Im still so numb about it all. The vet phoned me with the PM results this afternoon. He had alot of fluid in the chest area, his kidneys were tiny and scarred and his gut was empty, she said it looked like a rabbits who hadn't eaten properly for some time. It doesn't add up in the slighest, he ate most of his breakfast yesterday morning and possibly some hay, he had been pooping and peeing yesterday. I checked his litter tray, it had some mis shappen poops but they were fresh and they was proper ones' but very tiny that were mixed in with the hay. He had eaten a biggish bit of brocolli the night before and I heard him munching hay when I went to bed. I knew it was him as he didn't make as much noise as Harley does when munching. As his kidneys were so small it looks like he had kidney failure. He certainly wasn't drinking anymore than usual. He went through a 600ml bottle of water a week and drank from a bowl when he was out but he didn't drink large amounts then either. The vet is going to send away samples of the necessary organs to test for EC (among other things I think) The chest fluid was probably from the kidneys not working properly. So there we have it, Im glad it wasn't another tumour which is what I was concerned about but its still so very sad and hard to deal with. I suspected Sweepie and Thumps both died from EC, I should have had Sweepie PM'd last year but I couldn't bear the thought of her little body being touched in that way, now I have to deal with it for the safety of the others.
Thank you everyone for your kind words, I hope Harley perks up soon or stops sulking with me anyway, we got a little binky and the usual begging for veggies this morning so I hope he was just sulking and not pining.
Angela

Oh Ange, it is horrid when it doesn't give you the answers isn't it? I know how you feel, Charlie's PM was inconclusive and I don't mean to be the harbinger of gloom but we got no further forward when the pathology tests on his organs came back. Oddly, there are similarities in what you are saying with Charlie's report but it was definitely not e-c with Chas. I am so sorry, I do think it makes it easier when you can label the causes and know why they were taken from you. Even now, I still wonder about Charlie.....I just hope he is binkying like a good un over the Bridge and that your Sooty is there with him now. Take care.

oh no i am so sorry to hear your news! :(

I have no doubt he is looking down on you now and pointing you out to all the other animals at rainbow bridge and saying 'theres my mum she made feel so alive she was great'

my thoughts are with you

we can only add to the words and hugs already been giving in this post for sooty :( ,but he sounded like he never had to suffer a long time,and showed how much he loved you before he went to join the other buns that have left us
:love: :love:
from us all

Back