• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are rabbits monogmus and do they know when to stop?

I was just wondering if rabbits remain monogomus thoughout their lives and if they know when to stop breeding like in the winter and such.
Thanks

-Dabuekke

Ever heard the expression "at it like rabbits" well its true. :lol:

Rabbits will make baby rabbits ,any time ,any place ,any where ,any one

Betty

[quote="Betty

Betty[/quote]

:shock: :lol: :lol: Betty is right, I could not have said it better myself..the word monogomus is not one I would associate with bunnies :wink:
But I do tend to notice that some Bucks form more of a stronger bond with one Doe if kept in a group, so I guess they have their favourites in a Harem :wink: :D

Rabbits do not mind who they mate with and will continue untill they are very very old [ the boys that is]. In the wild its a little different because the does will only mate at certain times eg:spring and early summer, but captive rabbits will breed all year round, because there is no shortage of food during the winter. They do not know or recognise children cousens or anything like that, once babys are old enough they would breed with any rabbit available. val

Betty said:
Ever heard the expression "at it like rabbits" well its true. :lol:

Betty

Try telling that to my breeding buns - 6 months later still nothing :roll: :no: :evil:

Rachel

Ach people, you are just not romantics :roll:

I tell Miss Molly every night that Robbie only has eyes for her :wink: :lol:

Back