• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

urgent advise needed

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi my rabbit bracken had a some sloppy pops yesterday, i gave her swede in her veg mix for the first time the night before. she also had her vhd jab yesterday.

well today was a little more but she has not produced must poo today, a little bit sloppy this morning, so i am taking her to the vet at 4 this afternoon,

she ate her veg from last night but has not ate her dried food from last night which is not like her

but what do you think it maybe?

i thought it may be but then she had the sloopy poos before she went for the vacs, i think i will take her to be on the safe side.

thats what i thinking, she has started to pass now, allbeit still a little wet but at least is starting to got solid, so i think i will just watch her for today and leave her veg tonight, do you think i should leave her veg out tonight?

I agree with Marie, limit her to only hay and water until her poops have returned to normal. Keep an eye on her to make sure she is passing poops and eating the hay.

Yep I would keep her just on hay until poos return to normal. Just as a future note, if she had runny poos before the jab it may not have been the best time to jab her as she *may* have been coming down with something and you should do it only when 100%. (Hope I read the post right and the runny tum didnt start after the jab!!) :)

Give her a little bit of oats too, she'll enjoy them and it might kick start her appetite.
I hope she's better soon!

Hi Bunnyolove - hope Bracken is pooing better for her Mum p.s. are you after my title i.e. Poo quality controller extraordinaire :lol: :lol: :wink:

Ah sorry if I sounded a bit funny, just I know some vets won't worry about it!!! Glad ur vet said it was OK though :) Prob cos it was the veg rather than a bug. How is she today?

shes cool shes dried up some, i think one more night without her veg will do it.

thanks for your concern, i am a total worryer when it comes to something being wromg with them.

Back