• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on poorly buns please........

luvabun

Warren Veteran
There's been a number of our precious bundles of fur that have been poorly recently - Mishka, Abbie, Lucky, Evo to name a few as well as my two little possums. Can we please have an update on how these darlings are doing now (and any others that I've missed)... Yes this a roll call for poorly bunnies...... report in please....

I'am nervously waiting for a call from the vets today....to let me know what the diagnosis on splats is......he is in the vets for the day for blood tests.

Theyhave ruled out inner ear infection, and are pretty sure it is not EC.....so today he is having blood tests to check for his Kidneys and diabetes......poor little man I really hope he is going to be ok.......he was pretty annoyed to have been making the 3rd trip to the vets this week and ripped up newspaper all the way in annoyance. I do think he has got slightly better in the last few days still wobbly and not balancing well but is more responsive when I go in to see him.....now he will sit up when I come in the room...the other day he only lifted an ear.

Will keep you posted....hope we have some good news on some of the other sick bunnies could do with some nice news today......

Jury's still out on Abbie. Signs were very promising until this morning so maybe we're not getting on as well as we thought. Perhaps I'm just impatient as we've still got a weeks' worth of meds to give her. We're back at the vets Friday evening, will hopefully know more then.

But she's well enough to have sussed out the routine - that every morning and evening I come into to get her to give her her meds, and she leads me a merry little dance :lol: .

Fingers crossed for Splats' test results.....

Fingers crossed for the poorly bunnies. Not sure whether I posted this at the time but Pip had a thorn stuck in her foot and I've been cleaning it for over a week now and it is healing slowly but I keep finding pus :(

Will go back to vets again tomorrow if no improvement when I catch her in a min, I'm worried she will have to have another op :(

Nicola

I am not going to say anything about Evo....I know if I say he's ok, we'll be at the vet's tonight. :roll:

No vet visits for over a week now though. :)

Awww come on all your little bunsters - you be good now for your folks, have your medicine like good bunnies and GET WELL SOOOOON!!!!! or Lany will be round with a feather duster to smack bunny bots!! :wink:

Hey I'd bet they would think this is a brill new game with a feather duster to chase :lol:

Hope all the poorly bunsters are feeling better soon. Lots of love and healing vibes going out to them all.
Our little Barley Bun had a bad siezure this morning :( He's taken a while to come out of it but seems to be doing all right now - he's being groomed by Oliver and Bandit so that will cheer him up :)

Good Thread. Hope all your buns are okay. Seems to be a lot going around for Rabbits as well as humans :(

Well, like Evo's mum I don't want to tempt fate, but Mishka does seem to be getting better :)

She has been on Panacur for 4 days now, and after a wobbly start, she seems to be getting a little better each day. Whether this is due to the Panacur, or whether she is just naturally getting over whatever caused her recent deterioration I don't know.

She is now as strong as she was before the sudden downturn. although like Abbie has now learnt that Jeremy in the garden at 10.00pm means she going to have some nasty medicine squirted in her mouth. A downside of her getting better is that she is harder to catch each night! :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed that she continues, and fingers crossed for all the other poorly buns too.

love_003.gif
Lots of loves and bunny hugs to all
love_003.gif

Hi,

Peter is doing well after his op to remove the abcess although he is certainly not keen on the anti-biotics I have to give him. syringe feeding him is not easy his painkiller is fine as it goes on his food.

I'm sure i'm not imagining it he seems alot brighter in himself.
We have got to take him back to the vets on tuesday for a review and I would say more anti-biotics.

Tracey and a happier Peter

Well we got Brody's gut moving but unfortunately she would only eat carrots and tops, celery, pellets, oats, grass, in fact anything but hay. Well you can imagine what slop has come out the other end :oops: but at least its on the move. Tried to clean up her sticky, smelly bum but not 100% successful. Have put her back with her bf and the first thing she did was try to hump his face :oops: :shock: Poor Totti - that cannot have been a pleasant experience - sorry mate.

I am glad she is eating again! At least she is paying back Totti for stealing her food :lol: !

Zeus has been full of beans recently and I am finding it hard to believe he could have so much wrong with him under that healthy exterior but the x-rays don't lie!

I think the painkiller is making the difference and now his mites have been cleared up too - he seems a lot brighter so I guess he must have been in pain and I just didn't realise as it he had been subdued for so long I thought he was just growing up.

Another x-ray on the 28/29th and then possibly extractions - that op will have to be a day off work I think - otherwise I won't be able to cope with the worry at work!

Love and healing vibes for the other ill bunnies!!

Caz

All these poorly buns, not good for them or the stress for us bunny mums! Thanks Jill for the 'good luck'. Pippa is on a longer course of Baytril + daily cleaning of her foot to see if we can get rid of it. Vet said it doesn't look like a typical rabbit abcess but u never know. If not then it will be an op for us I think in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed the Baytril and cleaning works!!

Glad Zeus is full of beans, the painkiller must be very good! I hope the op goes well, it's so worrying when they go under! My vet said yesterday that cos my bunny is a bigger bun she is less risk than a tiny bun, so I'd imagine Zeus would be even better than that!! :D

Poor Brody (and Totti!), it's horrid having to clean up their bums but at least things are moving down there!!

I'm glad Mishka is feeling a bit better, they soon seem to cotton on when it is medicine time and do anything to avoid capture!

Jay I hope Barley Bun feels better, poor little chap.

Anybody I didn't mention, sorry, feel lots better! Get better soon all you poorly buns, us bunny parents don't like seeing you poorly!

Nicola

Jeremy said:
She is now as strong as she was before the sudden downturn. although like Abbie has now learnt that Jeremy in the garden at 10.00pm means she going to have some nasty medicine squirted in her mouth. A downside of her getting better is that she is harder to catch each night! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: That our Girl :lol: :lol: Jeremy glad to hear the lovely Mishka is a little improved.

Sending snuggles to Mishka and all the other under the weather bunsters.

Well, good and bad news for Abbie. She hasn't really responded to the treatment she'd had for the past week, but at least it means we can probably rule out EC, which I suppose is good.

He had a very long examination of her, and this time felt something that he thought was a stone in her bladder. Quite large and exactly where you'd expect these things to turn up. Would explain the loss of litter training etc. She's never seemed to drink a lot, doesn't get any sunlight etc so it could all fit together.

Our previous vets took an x-ray a couple of weeks ago, so we're gonna get hold of thaem, see if they show anything, and take it from there.

Oh dear Russ, poor Abbie. Are they going to threat the suspected stone? poor little girl, sending her loads of good wishes

Back