• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

About bonding...

Aerry

Warren Scout
I want to find another bun to make friends and live with Momiji when he gets neutered. Is age something to consider when choosing (Or rather, when Momiji chooses)? Is it better to get a frined about his own age?

No too much really. I mean if its an older bun that just likes laying around all day then another older bun is a good option or with a younger bun one thats still fairly energetic. I'd probably go with a bun roughly the same age (e.g. within a year or two) but don't rule any bun out because of age. If Momiji like um then thats the most important bit.

Tam

Hi,

I asked exactly the same question before we decided on our new addition. The general view was that it doesnt matter size, age or breed wise. Saying that though, we`ve opted for the same breed, mini lop, and only two months older than our current bunny. Purely because Cocoa (the new one) is adorable and we coulnt resist!

We`re picking her up tomorrow from the RSPCA foster home where she has been since october. We found her on Rabbit Rehome (link top right of this page) and can recommend the site 100%. Within a week we have had all our questions answered and our homecheck done. Just got to go and pick the little one up now!!

Zeus was one and Athena was twoish when they met and it took me a while to bond them. Violet is four and Cosmos is 18months and they are in love it was a love at first sight match pretty much.

Age doesn't matter as much as the personality of the bun. The thing to consider is what will happen when one of them goes, will you get another bunny to bond or not - if you match the age in theory they should be able spend the rest of their lives together.

I haven't timed mine as poor Zeus being a giant is only expected to make 5-6 years but Athena could make 12+.

Caz

Back