• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
I have noticed that Mikey makes a very strange sound. Its almost like a huff or a sneeze but not if that makes sense :oops: when he does it, it isnt just the once its three or four times then he stops, i would say that he does this perhaps once a week or so, but never at the same times None of my previous rabbits made this noise. Is it normal :?:

It does sound like the noise Zeus made when his eye problem had spread to his nose. It sounds most bizarre under our echoy stairs but what you describe is how I think of the sound of a rabbit sneeze.

Zeus used to do it about five or six times then stop. Like he was trying to honk up phlem through his nose.

I never saw any discharge but when the vet took a look Zeus did it and there was some discharge (thick gloopy white) - he must have been cleaning it away so fast I didn't see it.

If he only does it rarely I would imagine he has got something up his nose like a bit of grass or hay or there is a smell that is irritating him such as air freshener/after shave or something but I would get him checked out next time you are at the vets. If he starts to do it more regularily I would get him to a vets quickly as it could be snuffles.

Caz

Is it often :?: Toby makes the odd one or two sneezes doesn’t' mean its serious. But always check with your vet if unsure.

Back