• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Wonderful Boy Jiffy

Jaypot

Mama Doe
This morning, at 8.40am our wonderful boy went to Rainbow Bridge :cry: He was cradled in our arms at home surrounded by all that he knew - he went very peacefully and then John and I both cracked up with emotion :cry:
Our Jiffy was such a wonderful and dear little man - he loved his bonded partner Sexy, he loved his bedroom, he adored his food and he loved life in general. When Jiffy had the stroke he was very poorly but he rallied and we thought that he would be able to survive with being blind in one eye and not much sight in the other - what we didn't realise is that other things had gone on as well and that Jiffy was still very, very ill :cry:
He had only gone off his food on Thursday and we syringe fed him yesterday and during the night. He had a variety of foods, Recovery, baby apple and pear dessert, grated apple etc - we tried everything to tempt him but it was as though Jiffy had forgotten how to eat properly. He could suck on the syringe but could not chew :cry:
Jiffy darling, we had you here with us for two and a half years - we where the ones that where honoured to be your mum and dad - we where the ones that saw your personality come out and knew how happy and content you where with your lot. After the awful start that you had in life you blossomed and became my little mate - your room seems so empty without you there even though Sexy is still in there.
I had been with you on and off throughout the night and Sexy had stayed with you grooming you and snuggling up to you. I went to check on you again at 8.15am and found you limp and cold :cry: I held you close to me to get you warm and so that you could hear my heartbeat. I took you downstairs to see Daddy and we held you and told you that we love you and that we would always love you. We thanked you so much for letting us be your parents - you where our little boy and gave us so much love, amusement and smiles.
We know that the brain damage was too much for you, you wanted to be the whole Jiffy or not at all - we understand darling - how could we not understand?
We will look after Sexy for you - we promise you that dear man.
Run free in the eternal sunshine now Jiffy - in the blink of an eye we will all be together again - never to be parted. We love you baby boy.
All our love, Mummy, Daddy, Sexy and the rest of the Hairy Mob
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jiffi309201.jpg

[/img]
jiffiandsexy110212.jpg

God bless you Jay and John, I really don't know how you cope but you truly are saints of hte rabbit world. He was obviously so very loved.

I am so sorry Jay and John, I know just how your feel right now having lost one of my own recently.

Please take care of yourself and remember all the good times, sending you both lots of love and hugs.

Awww, I'm so so sorry Jay and John, huge hugs for you both and nose rubs and squidges for Sexy :( . Chin up m'dear, he knew he was well loved and was one of the happiest buns in the world and so so lucky to have a mam and da like you two.

~ Binky free wee man, take our love to all the spirit buns ~

Awww Jay, I so thought he was going to make it!

Binky free Jiffy, enjoy them forever green, never ending fields and eternal sunshine.

Angela

Aw, Jay, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I have big tears rolling down my cheeks, I am just so sad for you. Binky free little man and, as HB always says, take our love to the spirit buns and binky in eternal sunshine....perhaps you can go and say hello to Harriet....run free darling! Big hugs to you and John. :love:

Dear John and Jay

If he wasn't going to be the whole Jiffy, then he didn't want to be here at all :( Yes, I can understand that. Poor little man, and I'm very sorry for both of you.

I pray Sexy continues an interest in life.....I am sure that he will. I don't know two people who understand their rabbits more than you both - what better place could they find than in your home?

Run free little Jif..........xxxxx

I am so very sorry to hear the sad news :( You are such wonderful people, I'm sure ur bunnies would be forever thanking you if they could talk :) I'm sure they thank you in their own little ways. Take care and I hope Sexy is OK as well, I'm sure she will get lots of snuggles from you to stop her missing her beloved Jiffy too much.

Nicola

I am so so sorry to hear of this sad news :cry: He was a beautiful rabbit :love: and I am sure he still is at the rainbow bridge.

so sorry to hear that jiffy didn't make it :(
you are wonderful bunny parents.
thinking of you.xx

:( So sorry to hear this sad news :( :( my thoughts are with you and John, Jiffy had the best possible home with you both :) my heart goes out to you both at this sad time

run free little Jiffy

:cry: :cry: John and Jay - sending you both huge hugs - you did all you could for this lovely man but little Jiffy was so lucky to have found you both and the pickies are so lovely of him.

Sending Sexy a snuggle as she must feel so out of sorts without her pal so you have to be brave twice now and give Sexy loads of TLC and cuddles - not that you two need much encouragement in that department we know.

You both seem to have had a bad run of luck just lately but you do such wonderful work - bunny saints thats for sure.

Thinking of you both.

Jay - don't know what to say - my heart really goes out to you and John at the moment. I just hope that despite all the heartbreak you are going through, you can see how lucky these little buns are to share their lives with you. Give Sexy a cuddle from me.

Back