• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buddy got neutered today

daveFelton

New Kit
So buddy had the deed done today. He was a brave little bunny. Very nervous and scared though. The showed me his ekg or whatever it is that monitors their heart rate, and it was thru the roof...pretty crazy. but he's home now, resting comfortably. he's even been nibbling on some food too, so thats good to know :)

awwww

awwww, thats good news.
My bunnies got neutered about a month ago. They were only eating hay to start with but some fresh herbs persuaded them to eat a bit more.

A month on and im not sure if the neutering has changed their behaviour or whether its because ive introduced a 3rd bunny. There all male and scampie is fudge and leo's brother, but he is from a different litter. They all sit together and chase and wash each other. Fudge and Leo have calmed down alot and dont pee everywhere like they used to, so its prob a bit of both.

Hope buddy is ok xx

Thats great news. Darcy was eating as soon as we got home!! He still loves peeing on the sofa tho! :? :D

Awww, glad buddy is ok :)

Romy said:
Thats great news. Darcy was eating as soon as we got home!! He still loves peeing on the sofa tho! :? :D
Aye, Ben still does that too. However, it has stopped the jumping in the air, spinning around and peeing at the same time. We had to buy a new rug after he did that for the 50th time!

Sounds like you've all been lucky with buns eating straight away after ops. Ben was sooooo grumpy when I brought him home he wouldn't touch anything. The vet said I had 12 hours to get him to eat something/anything before he had to have injections to help his metabolism. I went through everything I could think of and even went to the supermarket to get all kinds of yummy things he usually hoovers up. Eventually after about 9 hours of sulking he tucked in to a digestive biscuit !!

Back