• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely hearts Ad - floppy eared and soppy seeks wife!

Hels

New Kit
Hi everyone

I have decided that it is coming near the time that Humphrey should have a partner, I know he would benefit from a girly in his life. Lets face it he can't multi task, make important decisions or be a good listener and so he needs a woman in his life to balance his obvious failings!! :lol: :lol: (sorry to the men here I couldn't help myself!)

My question is that I don't really know what kind of bunny I should be going for (aside from neutered!) We are going to get him a rescue one of course but I am uncertain of type and size really. He is the size of a large dwarf lop (he is a mixture of French and Dwarf) and he lives in a 5' X 3' cage in our living room (only in the cage when we are not at home). His cage is very big but I don't want it to be too crowded and similarly I don't want another bun to be squashed by Humph. I have seen a couple of Netherland dwarfs on RR but would they be too small for him? I tend to think one that is a bit smaller but I how low do I go?!!

I just really would like to narrow my search criteria really as there are so many that need rehoming.
Many thanks
Helen

What sort of bun is Humphrey and what age is he?
It is impossible to know in advance wether a bun is going to get along with another one and some bonds can take months. A good bet would be to get in touch with a reputable rescue centre and ask them if they would do a bond for you. Several members on here run rescues but all rescues have different policies, some neuter and vaccinate and vet check, others don't so worth looking around even if it means travelling that bit further. Good luck in your search - we could inundate you with piccies of yummy girlie buns.

The easiest thing is to find a rescue that will let you take Humprey along to so he can choose his own friend. Size, shape, breed etc. doesn't seem to bother bunnies that much. Temprement certainly plays apart but it can be hard to guess whether they'll click without seeing them together. Certainly blind dates can work really well but the easiest way is just to ask his opinion in the first place.

Tam

Hels said:
Hi everyone

I have decided that it is coming near the time that Humphrey should have a partner, I know he would benefit from a girly in his life. Lets face it he can't multi task, make important decisions or be a good listener and so he needs a woman in his life to balance his obvious failings!! :lol: :lol: (sorry to the men here I couldn't help myself!)

Hi Hels, I'm looking to do the same thing for my Darcy!! :D Please put some pics up of Humphrey - dying to see what the "good looking male with GSOH seeks girlfriend" looks like!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maaike_Butter said:
Tamsin said:
Certainly blind dates can work really well but the easiest way is just to ask his opinion in the first place.

Sorry, just had to point out that I loved this sentence...:D

ha ha!! very good maike!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK here goes I hope I have posted these right, here is my gorgeous hunk of loveliness (praps I should've put that in the Ad!)

I think he even looks a little like Romy's Darcy!

Northumberland028.jpg

Northumberland006.jpg

Northumberland005.jpg

He's loooovely!

Speed dating Tamsin? Do they place him in a hutch with another bun for 3 mins with a checklist? lol

I watch too much TV... :oops:

Maaike_Butter said:
Speed dating Tamsin? Do they place him in a hutch with another bun for 3 mins with a checklist? lol

Pretty much yep :D They meet a couple of potential buns and see which ones they like. Then the one they show most promise of bonding with they take on several more dates until, if all goes well, Humphrey proposes and they live happily ever after.

Tam

Awwwww how...modern! lol

Do they get to keep video diaries about what they really think of the other bunny?

Ok ok, I'm getting carried away now...

Thats great news about the rescue centres near me thanks very much Tamsin, I can't wait to take Humph speed dating. I agree its a crazy but great concept and I have to say that what better way than for him to choose, thats how love is supposed to be :wink: :lol:

Tamsin said:
Maaike_Butter said:

Pretty much yep :D They meet a couple of potential buns and see which ones they like. Then the one they show most promise of bonding with they take on several more dates until, if all goes well, Humphrey proposes and they live happily ever after.

Tam

If only dating male two-foots was as easy!!! sigh...... :D xxxxx

Back