• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonded well but, injuries please help

bunnymad

Warren Scout
Hi there

Shadow is a few scraps which I think have come from Sparkee (4 1/2 months old). One of his front paws is also swollen. The other nicks he has are fine and no blood or anything. Just grazing of the skin. I`m watching them very closely but never see them go for eachother!!!!

I have been giving him dandelion, parsley, puha and heaps of other veggies and grass. Is there anything I can give him besides taking him to the vet.

Not a good time $$ wise for me. School just start back and having to buy books, fee etc has been hard. Today is also my daughters 11 birthday and I have arranged to get her bunny this afternoon which has been planned for ages. An Enderby bunnie which is the rearest bun.

Hes eating well and drinking and pooping etc.

Sparkee and Shadow have never had any fighting before!! They are all fixed too.

Any info would be great.

one worried mum.

bronie

Awwwwwwwww, your bun really needs to see a vet. Anything swollen could be serious, might be a break or might be an infection. Infections can turn into abscesses and you don't want that. Would your vet let you pay the bill in part and pay the rest up later?

Bronie, I am so sorry to hear of your problems. I cannot offer advice ..only my loving thoughts for you
myhtheart41.gif

U dont say if your rabbits are what sex, if they are both male or both female there is a risk of fighting. val ps, the vet is a must

Hiya Bunnymad

Awww I'm sorry to hear about your bunster - are they two males and as per other posts can you give some more info re how they are house, are they neutered etc as their hormones might be kicking in.
It really would be wise to get a Vet to have a look as Bunnies are very clever in hiding their pain and this would rule out any infection etc. How's about the PDSA rather than the Vets as that might better cost wise for you.

bunnymad said:
Not a good time $$ wise for me. School just start back and having to buy books, fee etc has been hard. Today is also my daughters 11 birthday and I have arranged to get her bunny this afternoon which has been planned for ages. An Enderby bunnie which is the rearest bun.
bronie

Its always hard trying to balance the cash with animals and I note that you mention having another bunny for your Daughter - might be worth investing in Pet Insurance - Bunnies are not the cheap animals to keep that many good folks think they are and Veterinary Bills can be high, especially as they need vaccinations etc.

Hope this helps and good luck with you little bunny - if we can offer any more help in the mean time please yell there is normally always some good bunny buddy on line.

Back