• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Such sad news about Jasper / / Totti OK post op

*lots of well wishes and cuddles to the poorly bunnies*

I've got to go into work quickly at 9 tonight, so might put Classic FM on for the buns to listen to...I wonder if they're minding the TV being on at the moment...hmmmm...will go turn it down...

Just got back from the vets. (please be patient as I don't explain very well)

He says Jaspers lip is swollen and floppy and there are no nerve endings the skin has just "died" not sure why though, its all going wrong on his left hand side and that is the side he has trouble with due to his pasteurella which gives him the sneezes and a snotty nose.

He had a good look around in his mouth but couldn't see anything obvious but there was a small spur on one of his back teeth nothing too serious but there was left over food in the side of his mouth and stuck to his teeth.

Anyway, we are taking him back in on Monday morning he is going to have an anaesthetic so he can do some x-rays, and have a good look what is going on in his mouth, if the x-rays don't show anything then he is going to take another nasal swab to see if it is to do with the pasteurella and to see if it may respond better to a different antibiotic as he has been on baytril for about 3 months now and it's probably stopped working.

I don't know what else to say now except....Roll on monday and sorry Jill for hijacking your thread

Sue - you haven't hijacked my thread - its a shared one as we're going through the same trauma with our buns. Its comforting to know that you're not alone. Poor Jasper - is he eating etc.? I keep checking up on Totti in the "sick bay"... we're now up to 11 "currants". Please, please, please keep us posted on Jasper - my heart goes out to you.

Oh heck - how blooming weird about poor Jasper- I do hope that he will be alright and that he can eat and produce properly. Poor wee man :( Give him a special snuggle from me and I'll keep on sending healing vibes to him.

PS Sue - did you try Classic FM as "stress relief for bunnies" and if so, did it work for you??? :lol:

Is Jasper having any problems with his legs on the same side, I was just thinking it may have been a tiny 'stroke' which has affected the muscles. Keep us updated pleeeeeeeeeeeez? :wink: Sending big hugs.

Jaypot said:
Yay, 11 currants - keep them coming Totti and you'll be back with your girlfriend in no time :D
1.gif

he's trying....
1.gif

bunnyhuggger said:
Is Jasper having any problems with his legs on the same side, I was just thinking it may have been a tiny 'stroke' which has affected the muscles. Keep us updated pleeeeeeeeeeeez? :wink: Sending big hugs.

No....no leg problems He is having trouble eating though it's as if the food is falling out of his mouth he has had hardly any water for 2 days and doesn't want his pellets.
We have given him a dish of carrot pac choi parsley and broccoli cut up small he normally demolishes it within 5 minutes but he has been at this for 20 and still has loads left :cry:

Suzi Wong said:
bunnyhuggger said:

No....no leg problems He is having trouble eating though it's as if the food is falling out of his mouth he has had hardly any water for 2 days and doesn't want his pellets.
We have given him a dish of carrot pac choi parsley and broccoli cut up small he normally demolishes it within 5 minutes but he has been at this for 20 and still has loads left :cry:

Have you tried soaking his pellets? Soak them in some water, leave for about 15 mins, fluff up with a spoon and then see if he will take them. He has to eat and he has to drink poor little boy :( Try a soaked weetabix as well and see if he can manage that. Still sending loads of vibes to him.

I've had to put Totti in the sick bay overnight so I can monitor the eating/poong. However, I've brought his gf Brody in for a quick (conjucal :lol: :lol: ) visit and he followed her around, sticking his head under hers. It seems so cruel to split them up for the evening. so - dilemna.

Do I seperate the lovebirds so I can keep an eye on what Totti is producing or
b. keep them together now I know he's eating and looks like pooping

HELP!!!! :!: :!: :!:

Personally, and that is just me :lol: - I would keep them together, if he seems to be eating and pooping the stress of being separated from Brody could actually make the situation worse.
If he looks alright and you have a feeling in your bones that he is alright, then keep them together :D

Thanks Marlene - you're very wise... a bit like Obi-Wan Denny - help me you 2, you're my only hope :lol: :lol: together or seperate for the night :?:

luvabun said:
Thanks Marlene - you're very wise... a bit like Obi-Wan Denny - help me you 2, you're my only hope :lol: :lol: together or seperate for the night :?:

Tsk, read your mails woman :? I voted for together :D :lol: :lol:

Aaw, I hope Totti get's well soon.

If I were you, I would bring him in for the evening and keep a eye on him, if he's alright by tomorrow then put him back.

Jaypot said:
luvabun said:

Tsk, read your mails woman :? I voted for together :D :lol: :lol:
Gulp - I've just looked in on them an there's no way I could split them - they just are so right together so.. .gulp... they're going back in their hutch for the night.

Oh Jill...poor Totti...for me I would keep them together for comfort but you know that is just me as a human so let's see what the others think!! I'm just thinking ....bad enough feeling poorly and then....I'm on my own..poor little darling

Back