• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Such sad news about Jasper / / Totti OK post op

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I've come home from work, let the critters out for a run but Totti wasn't interested. He's not eating - tried to give him a treat but he would not touch it. He is on a mega moult at the mo and has had 2 bouts of gut statis before. Its so hard to do a poo check now they live together. Keep fingers and paws crossed for my little man. :cry: :cry:

Awwww poor Totti :( Let's hope that all is well with him and that he starts to eat and play about soon - poor little guy - moulting is a real problem for buns and it can really put them out of sorts :(
Give him a snuggle from me :)

Jaypot said:
Awwww poor Totti :( Let's hope that all is well with him and that he starts to eat and play about soon - poor little guy - moulting is a real problem for buns and it can really put them out of sorts :(
Give him a snuggle from me :)

Thanks Jay, off to snuggle and pluck now - he should be bald the amount of fur thats coming out.

Re: Totti's off to the vets this afternoon.........

luvabun said:
I've come home from work, let the critters out for a run but Totti wasn't interested. He's not eating - tried to give him a treat but he would not touch it. He is on a mega moult at the mo and has had 2 bouts of gut statis before. Its so hard to do a poo check now they live together. Keep fingers and paws crossed for my little man. :cry: :cry:

Oh dear poor Totti :(

I know exactly how you feel as I have the same problem with Jasper and he is off the the vets at 5.00pm

We have been putting it off as the journey stresses him out but he looks swollen on one side of his face so needs to go ASAP :cry:

Hope things go alright for you.

Sue.x.

Gee - thanks all for your wishes - I'm choked. The Vet couldn't feel any blockage but maybe a bit of gas and she gave him metachlopramide. She had a look at his teeth and he may need dental work on the left - he was sucking away at the scope so she couldn't see properly but he may have slight spurs on his back left teeth and they may be pointed.. So he's had an anti-biotic as well. Got to keep an eye on him so he's in the sick bay (ok - kitchen :oops: ) where I can keep an eye on his movements. I'll be counting and rejoicing every currant :oops: . She's given me some recovery stuff if he doesn't eat. So, Brody's in for a lonely night seperate from her beloved and I'm on poo patrol for the night. He's back in tomorrow and may need either a sedative or anaesthetic so they can look at his teeth properly.

Suzi Wong said:

I know exactly how you feel as I have the same problem with Jasper and he is off the the vets at 5.00pm

We have been putting it off as the journey stresses him out but he looks swollen on one side of his face so needs to go ASAP :cry:

Sue.x.

Bless poor Jasper - hope he's OK. Sue, do log on as soon as poss when you've been to the vets - we've got everything crossed for you. Have you tried Classic FM in the car? It really seems to sooth bunnies - it was almost instantaneous when I switched from Virgin to Classic - Totti laid out relaxed pretty much straightaway. Good luck. Jill

Poor Totti Jill :( hope he has a speedy recovery. Looks like you are in for a sleepless night then :roll: :( make sure you dont nod off counting poo's :wink: :)

Suzi Wong said:
I've noticed someone mentioned this before,

What number channel is it on ? It's worth a try :)

around 100.9 FM. Its been used successfully to calm bunnies down during very long bunny runs.

Poor Totti Jill hope he has a speedy recovery. Looks like you are in for a sleepless night then make sure you dont nod off counting poo's
-I'll be prodding him every once in a while to make sure he's OK :oops:

luvabun said:
Suzi Wong said:
I've noticed someone mentioned this before,

What number channel is it on ? It's worth a try :)

around 100.9 FM. Its been used successfully to calm bunnies down during very long bunny runs.

:

I think it was you Jill who mentioned classical fm :? anyway I would definately recomend it :D it worked for Pie and Mash :wink: :D

[/quote]

Have you tried Classic FM in the car? It really seems to sooth bunnies - it was almost instantaneous when I switched from Virgin to Classic - Totti laid out relaxed pretty much straightaway. Good luck. Jill[/quote]

Awwww healing vibes for both Totti and little Jasper - Hope they they are both feeling better really soooooon -

funny you mention the music Jill - I've recently switch to Classic FM and my girlies love it and always seem really relaxed when its on :lol: :lol: -
in fact Im thinking of re-naming them the "Classic Bunster Crew" :!:

bunnytales said:
Awwww healing vibes for both Totti and little Jasper - Hope they they are both feeling better really soooooon -
Thanks
bunnytales said:
funny you mention the music Jill - I've recently switch to Classic FM and my girlies love it and always seem really relaxed when its on :lol: :lol: -
in fact Im thinking of re-naming them the "Classic Bunster Crew" :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: definitely classy birds :lol:

I have been using it to try and drown out the building works since I noticed when my dad had it playing they seemed really chilled. It does help on car journeys too - just a pity I don't seem to feel the same benefit - I am paranoid about being late to the vets :oops: !!

Caz

Sue.x.[/quote]

Awww - I hope that Jasper is going to be alright - sending soothing vibes for him - let us know as soon as you can.
Classic FM is great - all our buns have it on all the time :D

***Sue*** its gone 10 past 6 so surely you're back now? Please give us an update on Jasper.

Totti has now done 4 currants... yes I AM counting them. :oops: :oops: Hardly earth shattering I know but major to me 'cos he wasn't eating, pooing and was devoid of energy.

Back