• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouthful of hay - not sure if ok.

without_halo

Alpha Buck
When we went to let Ron and Ginny out Sunday morning, we found Ron in the hutch with a big mouthful of hay (as in when you looked at him, he looked like he had a hay moustache). I did managed to get some pictures (not on pc yet) and he looked quite happy running around with this mouthful of hay. Becuase I didn't know if this was normal, we finally got him to remove the hay with our help.

The only other time I have seen this was when Ginny was nest building.

Is this normal behaviour?

Ive seen my bunny with a hay beard! Picks up huge mouthfuls and eats them like spaghetti. I think its just being greedy

You will probably find that he didn't want to share it. I often see Azlan running around the garden with a spring greens leaf (had the whole head the other day sticking out either side of his mouth like a dog with a large bone - he didn't give me time to separate off the leaves) or broccoli spear sticking out of his mouth - it is just that he doesn't want any of the others to get hold of it so he carries it about with him until he is ready to eat it - selfish boy.

Hiya,

Don't get mad with me if you know he isn't, but are you sure he is a he? I only ask this because Bea use to do it when having false pregnancies?

Image(08).jpg

Beatrix.jpg

It should work now, this is what she use to do as a baby, soz about low quality it was off my phone.

I use to think it was funny when she did it, it would take ages for me to convince her to let it go.

I not alone!!

I caught my buck Toffee doing that a couple of weeks ago, frantic that it was "stuck" i removed it...

I've seen him do it again last week....

Wonder why they do it?

Smokey used to do this too, particularly after I had cleaned out his bed area, I always thought that I hadn't 'made it' properly for him and he was sorting it out to suit himself. There's a pic of him doing this on my website.

Back