• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harriet has gone to the Bridge

That's a wonderful picture. She looks content and...well, madamish! :lol: Not in a bad way, mind you, but in a "I rule here" way, and it's great!

*more hugs* to you, I have to admit I didn't sleep too well last night...:( We're all missing Harriet.

Dear Lizzie

Angela texted me last night with the news and I am sorry I did not post sooner, but to be honest I did not know how to say what I wanted to...

You must remember you did all you could for Harriet :love:

She had many many precious years with you and she is now looking at you wanting to help with the pain and sadness you are feeling.

Take comfort in knowing that she is playing with all the bridge animals, hopefully she has met my old mate Prince :cry:

Have a good cry, never feel ashamed for letting it all out, I have tears in my eyes typing this now. :cry:

Please give Lottie big big hugs from Aunty Kara x and all the bunskies too, remember too they will all help you through this tough time.

There will always be a very very special place in your heart for Harriet and don't ever feel alone as we ARE ALL HERE for you.

Take care Lizzie

Kara x

Lizzie said:
Thank you everyone for all your lovely messages, it means so much. My heart is still breaking and I feel as though it will never mend but Harriet is free and that is the important thing. Here is a picture which was taken on Wednesday afternoon - she really looks quite perky, I think.

Harriet260105.jpg
What a wonderful picture - she does look perky as you say. She looks very regal - as though she could take tea with the Queen :)
I'll pop that picture in one of my gorgeous picture files - it is truly lovely and it shows Harriet off so very well.

Lizzie, I have only just come across this post. I've not had time to keep up with the Forum lately.

I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your faithfull friend. But it is testiment to you and your devoted care, how long she lived and how happy she was despite her horrible illness. She truly was a well loved wee lass.
I know it must hurt terribly. Take your time and contact me when you feel ready. I will be thinking of you.

i,m sorry to hear your news . I don,t have kids but it is like losing a child , the hurt is unbearable . i,m thinking of you at this really sad time .

all my love

gina. x

Awwwwwwwwww Lizzie, I'm soooo sorry *biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Scottish hug* Thinking of you and Lottie, you must be missing her dreadfully.

~ Run fast and free Harriet sweetheart, you touched many hearts, say hello to Kate and Russ for us, you'll know Kate, she's ginger and such a snob and Russ will be the one with the ball in his mouth at all times, don't ask him for it cos he'll not hand it over :roll: xxxxxxx ~

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. The picture of her is lovely, I'm sure that is one that you will cherish, she looked lovely, what a pretty girl.

Take care, time is a good healer, remember all the lovely memories you have of her.

Nicola xx

What kindness you gels and boys have extended to us, it is so much appreciated, you are such a fine bunch and, truly, it means so very much to me, it is such a comfort...thank you all from the bottom of a rather tattered heart! xxxx Hugs to everyone.

My dear Lizzie

How very hard for you to part with your beloved Harriet but please take comfort in the way she has been. She has still had zest and wanted to go for walkies and was still interested in her food. She was still enjoying life right up to the very end and knew she had your love and devotion. You did everything possible and Harriet knew this. Her lovely photos went into all our hearts and along with those lucky people who met her, she will stay there. I have her beautiful photo on my wall where she will always give me pleasure.

Never forgotten

fairy.gif
KissesforHarrietnew.gif

Love from

i am so sorry to hear your news!!! :(

remember she had 12 wonderful years with you and she will not be forgotten

Only seen this today - I am so sorry to hear this - she was such a pretty girl and obviously a much loved member of your family - my thoughts are with you.

Oh Lizzie, I am so very sorry to hear this news, and apologise profusely for the late reply, as I've not been able to get on the PC. She was a very beautiful girl and I feel very honoured to have met her, I know she will be missed very much; the pain will ease with time Lizzie. You have such wonderful memories and pictures of your special girl I’m sure she’ll never be far from your thoughts. Sending lots of love and hugs too you and the rest of the gang, and don’t forget we’re all here for you. xxxxxxx

Run free sweet Harriet xxxxxxxx

Mandy, I knew only too well that you would have been here if you could have been so to speak. I am so glad that you and Lany got to meet my special girl: funny thing is I miss her like I miss having another person around the house, she was so perceptive - Lottie is a fabulous little doggie but quite as well-endowed in the grey matter department if you know what I mean! :lol:

I have been coping better than I ever imagined but I will never stop loving my little sweetheart. If I am honest, I have probably been grieving for many months as she has been slipping away gradually. At least I know she is in no pain now and I hope she is running in green fields and has found my Dad who so adored her and she him. :)

Thank you one and all for your kind words, they really do mean so very much to me.

Lizzie said:
I hope she is running in green fields and has found my Dad who so adored her and she him. :)

Lizzie, I'm certain your Dad came to meet her and show her the way. My grans and grandads in spirit have full and concise instructions on the way to 'greet' all my buns who cross the bridge, each individual bun's likes and dislikes, personality etc. I like to make sure they are prepared! :wink:

Thank you Andrea.

And HB I just love your message there!!!!!! I've only just found it, I am soooooo glad I didn't miss it. It means so much to me to be reassured that they will meet each other. Whenever, I went down to Wales, she would always seek Dad out wherever he might be and, if he was sitting on the settee, she would plonk herself right next to him, half of her on his lap and the other half on the seat.

And I'll always remember the day we went to collect her at the beginning of May 1993, this tiny gorgeous puppy: I didn't think Dad was bothered about coming with us (although I knew he would love her once she arrived) but he got up, got ready and said "I think I'll come with you"!! Of course, I was delighted and I can remember us all going to the seafront after we collected her (the family we got her from lived in a small seaside town in South Wales) and we had an ice cream. Dad was sat in the back with Harriet in a little plastic box and I can remember putting dabs of ice cream on my finger for her to lick off!!! Aaaaaaaw, it all seems so long ago but I have such a clear picture of it. Now, none of those I was with that day is in my life any more...my Dad, Harriet ...and the ex-thingy which I really couldn't care a kipper about because it has enabled me to give Harriet the indulgent life that she deserved in the last 7 years!!!

Sorry, folks, I've wittered on a bit here but I am sure you will understand! :D

What a lovely Snippit of life beginning with Harriet Lizzie :D

Of course you are not wittering on dear, I am sure it makes you feel a bit better to share your wonderful memories??

Lizzie said:
And I'll always remember the day we went to collect her at the beginning of May 1993, this tiny gorgeous puppy: I didn't think Dad was bothered about coming with us (although I knew he would love her once she arrived) but he got up, got ready and said "I think I'll come with you"!! Of course, I was delighted and I can remember us all going to the seafront after we collected her (the family we got her from lived in a small seaside town in South Wales) and we had an ice cream. Dad was sat in the back with Harriet in a little plastic box and I can remember putting dabs of ice cream on my finger for her to lick off!!! Aaaaaaaw, it all seems so long ago but I have such a clear picture of it. Now, none of those I was with that day is in my life any more...my Dad, Harriet ...and the ex-thingy which I really couldn't care a kipper about because it has enabled me to give Harriet the indulgent life that she deserved in the last 7 years!!!

Sorry, folks, I've wittered on a bit here but I am sure you will understand! :D

Oh Lizzie what a lovely memory x

Back