• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven dental 12/20/22 update post 204

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
A few days ago Raven, my dental bunny, was eating less and poo was getting sparser and firmer, yet only month since dental so began usual care. He improved and was eating much better, coming for treats and poo was nice size and friable on Tuesday.
Late last night he seemed fuller, not firm. He was making fresh poo, pee and drinking nibbling a little
As I just gave critical care which he took. I saw he looks pale. He is seeing vet in 2 hours so I am asking for vibes for my boy.
He is drinking now, he is alert.

Last edited:
Thank you friends.
At vets, His lips and tongue were good color, yet he was a little tender near colon. He had strong, yet slow gut sounds and some gas noise where he was tender. He needs both motility meds and I was told to syringe feed more often to get more food into him. He made fresh poo, so no blockage. His weight was good.
After he got home, I went to store to get his greens. No luck getting his dandelions, yet he is nibbling some greens from organic carrots now. Tomorrow I will check a different store for his greens.
He can use
eating vibes.

Last edited:
Thank you. He nibbled a little carrot top and not much else, other than a modest amount of syringe feed. He is drinking, yet may benefit from a few extra fluids , so may give a little and see how quickly he absorbes them.

He is nibbling some, yet not much, so doing syringe feeds. The first sub q fluids absorbed well, and while he was not dehydrated he seemed brighter, so will continue them. I t is still a mystery why he is not eating , yet he is stable atm. It seems too early to be dental again, and want to be sure before subjecting him to ga.

I'm glad he's nibbling some, but I'm sorry it's not much... It's good that he seemed brighter after the fluids at least. Did the vet have any idea why he might not be eating well? I've had it happen before with dental bunnies that while there was normally a few months between their dentals, suddenly they needed another dental after only a week or two, so it can happen, though I'm not sure why. Sending lots more eating vibes for Raven.

Reader,
Thank you. He had a slow gut, tenderness and a little gas, so treating for stasis, though not know cause. I was just thinking he may need another dental because overnight he seemed to want to eat, yet only takes a few nibbles before stopping. I left a message for his vet and hope Raven will remain stable until he can get a dental appointment. Now that he is stable and brighter I would be ok with him being sedated if a dental can be scheduled.

Back