• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter rations

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Here lies most of my dried foraging efforts from March til now. But is it enough for 2 bunnies to last 6 months? I have seperate stashes of prized things stored separately (red roses, garden herbs, hawthorn, geranium, baby brambles) to rough old bags of hazel & apple etc

aIDBjjOl.jpg

9IYfn8fl.jpg

there is time yet to do autumn raids - easy pickings of ash & willow. The table contents are mainly ground forage

Here lies most of my dried foraging efforts from March til now. But is it enough for 2 bunnies to last 6 months? I have seperate stashes of prized things stored separately (red roses, garden herbs, hawthorn, geranium, baby brambles) to rough old bags of hazel & apple etc

aIDBjjOl.jpg
[/IMG]

9IYfn8fl.jpg
[/IMG]

there is time yet to do autumn raids - easy pickings of ash & willow. The table contents are mainly ground forage

I've really no idea how long that would last two bunnies, but it does look super quality. I would query your 6 months' need for it though. Forage of some sort should still be available up until at least late October, depending on weather of course. So you'd have November, December, January and February to cater for and by March there should be a small amount to gather. I'm really missing Cow Parsley at the moment and hope we get an Autumn crop.

It looks fantastic, wouldn't have a clue how long it would last though. Where do you store it J & B ?

Last edited:
Thanks for admiring my efforts

It looks fantastic, wouldn't have a clue how long it would last though. Where do you store it J & B ?

In bags on top of my wardrobe & I've an emma mattress box I'm hoping to fill - only its very easy access so also too easy to give them a handful to quieten them down at night. They really like their forage

Back