• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio and pair

belly

Young Bun
As some of you know I recently bonded a trio, they are doing great.

I don’t know if this is a crazy idea but I’m toying with trying to bond the trio with my pair.

I’ve been rescuing for years a years now and I’m at a point where I’m on the wind down hence the trio.

If one of my pair passes I’d be looking at a quad so thought about the possibility of a 5 given the odds are I’d be looking at a quad at some point.

Obviously this is just an idea, was looking for anyones thoughts, experiences etc of doing something like this!

Thanks all!

This seems a sensible plan & you've got the bonding skills...I'd be tempted to test the waters. I feel bonding a 2 and 3 would be a lot easier on the rabbits than adding a single to a group .

I did try to bond a quad to a pair but the pair really didnt like that plan. In fact I tried that combo twice (years apart with different rabbits) and it didnt work either time!

I did bond 2 pairs into a quad which worked wonderfully. Best of luck. At least you have had experience and can no doubt read your rabbits and take appropriate action. I love bonding despite all the stress.

I love bonding…. When they have bonded!

None of the 5 are aggressive and none (as yet) have showed any deferred aggression. The 5 are in reasonably close proximity.

The pair are around 6/7 so more chilled than they were when younger. The ages also have made me consider this idea as the pair into a trio rather than a single into a trio might have better results.

Just have them 20 mins side by side in indoor cages. All seemed ok, all except one seemed interested.

No thumping or aggression.

All back in their own pens and all seem fine!

Back