• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The poor bunny

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I rescued another bunny today literally covered in urine and I've had to wash and pick out dry stuck on poop from her fur it was all over her. She has obviously been kept in poor conditions possibly neglected.

I've just given her a wash to clean her up. She is a scared bunny and hasn't eaten anything. I'm hoping she isn't ill. She has done a little bit of grooming which is a positive sign and she'll be kept in quarantine. I'll be monitoring her for the next few days. I'm really hoping she will eat and drink something today.

I have also checked her teeth eyes and ears which appear to be fine.

I just noticed she has a small wound on her side.

Last edited:
I'm actually quite concerned about her. Shes been badly treated and I'm seriously considering contacting the RSPCA and reporting the person who I got her from. I don't normally do this but this poor rabbit should not be like this. I'm hoping she is going to be ok.

Are your own Rabbits vaccinated yet ? I really, really hope so…..

The RSPCA will not be able to take any action against the person now that you have removed the Rabbit. I would prioritise getting her seen by a Vet today

Sending your bunny lots of vibes and I agree - a vet check is an essential part of your bunnys wellbeing. Whilst your care is clear, there may be other things that a vet can identify. Thank you for rescuing her - she was lucky to have you there.
Craig

If she's got a wound, there's a chance of infection / abscess - so I would get her looked at. Is she neutered? I suspect she's been kept with other un-neutered rabbits - so there's also a risk of pregnancy. How old is she?

Keeping her somewhere quiet and isolated should help her settle. Will she eat grass / dandelions / fresh herbs?

I've set up a space for her and left her alone for quite a few hours now and she has been improving she is now eating although not much and she has drank some water. I was thinking of rushing her straight to the vet when I got her but I wanted to clean her up and inspect her and also I did not want to cause her to much stress. She will be seen tomorrow for a check up and I will ask if its possible I can get her vaccines on the same day. The wound doesn't look to serious and not infected but I will most definitely have to get a vet to check it just encase.

Shes made a lot of progress already, she doesn't like to be touched to much otherwise she will nip, she still frightened but I can gently stroke her head without her getting scared. I don' think she is pregnant, you'd normally feel her teats and missing fur from her belly. A vet will confirm if she is or not. I don't think she is.

She has been running and jumping about so that is really positive.

I've set up a space for her and left her alone for quite a few hours now and she has been improving she is now eating although not much and she has drank some water. I was thinking of rushing her straight to the vet when I got her but I wanted to clean her up and inspect her and also I did not want to cause her to much stress. She will be seen tomorrow for a check up and I will ask if its possible I can get her vaccines on the same day. The wound doesn't look to serious and not infected but I will most definitely have to get a vet to check it just encase.

Shes made a lot of progress already, she doesn't like to be touched to much otherwise she will nip, she still frightened but I can gently stroke her head without her getting scared. I don' think she is pregnant, you'd normally feel her teats and missing fur from her belly. A vet will confirm if she is or not. I don't think she is.

She has been running and jumping about so that is really positive.

Are your own rabbits vaccinated yet? I presume not given that the question was ignored.

Are your own rabbits vaccinated yet? I presume not given that the question was ignored.

It wasn't ignored. They have both been vaccinated.

Just an update Lamb Chop has come back from the vet and she has been given the all clear and her wound on her side the vet said it will heal over on its own its not serious its just a bite mark from another rabbit. I've put Lamb Chop with Lacey now and they are getting on well so far I wont be leaving them on there own with each other tonight just encase something happens so all three will be on there own tonight but Lacey and Lamb Chop will live together very soon I'm just testing the water just to make sure they are ok together first.

I feel a bit sorry for Lucky as he is all on his own now and goes crazy when he smells Lamb Chops scent on me.

Eventually Lamb Chop and Lacey will be spayed after Lucky has been Neutered. Unfortunately I have to wait a bit before Lucky can be fixed.

Back