• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Daily Bunny Update

Actually I think it is disrespectful to say we are 'foaming at the mouth'.
We want what is best for all rabbits - which includes neutering. To describe him as aggressive is completely uncalled for. He needs to be neutered and given time for his hormones to die down. Have you arranged his neuter with a rabbit savvy vet?
You also have a very young doe who could well be pregnant but you haven't had that confirmed. A litter at such a young age could well kill her or she may be unable to raise them.
She is now housed with a buck - I hope it is at least 8 weeks since he was neutered.
All in all I feel that your rabbits are getting rather a raw deal.

Totally agree.

I'm sorry but I do drama. I am a responsible rabbit owner. No rabbit of mine is suffering. Too many know it all's who like to suck up to each other on here. I find it offensive that people referring to "rabbits welfare" like I am some cruel scumbag. Its all very dramatic. As I said before Lamb Chop will get the best care he needs, he will be neutered and looked after as my forever pet. My other rabbits are perfectly fine and happy. Again no rabbits are suffering but if you want to continue with the drama be my guest. I won't waste my breath on it. Lamb Chop I am waiting for Vets4Pets to get back to me to fit Lamb Chop in for an appointment and yes they are rabbit savvy.

I will post updates on Lamb Chops progress.

I also want to add that I am not new to owning rabbits I've had rabbits before that I've mentioned in other threads and yes they lived long happy lives. Certain people enjoy talking down to others on here which is why I'm mentioning it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but a responsible rabbit owner wouldn't take on 3 rabbits without having appropriate accommodation (that is large enough and secure enough they don't end up breaking out), the funds to neuter them all on arrival or the time/space to bond them properly. None of this has been done (apart from one neuter) and potentially a young rabbit has been allowed to become pregnant. We do not like drama and try to be welcoming to all but people are getting frustrated as advice is not being listened to, not talking down to others we simply follow the advice from places such as rwaf, which you are not.

I'm sorry but a responsible rabbit owner wouldn't take on 3 rabbits without having appropriate accommodation (that is large enough and secure enough they don't end up breaking out), the funds to neuter them all on arrival or the time/space to bond them properly. None of this has been done (apart from one neuter) and potentially a young rabbit has been allowed to become pregnant. We do not like drama and try to be welcoming to all but people are getting frustrated as advice is not being listened to, not talking down to others we simply follow the advice from places such as rwaf, which you are not.

Your making a lot of bold claims here. First of all I rescued these rabbits. My accommodation is large and secure enough. (My rabbits have never escaped my accommodation.) When I had them in temporary pens yes some got out within the house that was then corrected and now they have secured enclosures. When I rescued these rabbits they were hard to sex because they were so young. Once again as said in a previous post Lacey isn't pregnant. Some people don't bother to read posts properly instead of jumping to conclusions, making bold claims and accusing and talking down to (newbies) which I am not. Lucky and Lacey are bonded because guess what? I have the capability of bonding rabbits. These two rabbits have been bonded properly and were easy to (re-bonded as they were bonded before being split up) again I have already said this in another post. Once more I have already said Lamb Chop will be getting neutered. Would you like me to repeat myself again?

Last edited:
You seem to have LC and Lacey in small cages from your photos so it's no wonder they're not happy. Those indoor cages aren't suitable for rabbits - they're way too cramped and you will see aggression, digging, bar biting and fighting.

Many bucks and does become bitey pre neutering - I had a little doe who would come running up and pounce on my feet, and she'd bite every time she was handled. As a baby she was very friendly so it was just hormones and neutering resolved it.

Lucky is not eight weeks post neutering or anywhere close (more like two weeks) so he shouldn't be with an intact doe.

Last edited:
Your making a lot of bold claims here. First of all I rescued these rabbits. My accommodation is large and secure enough. (My rabbits have never escaped my accommodation.) When I had them in temporary pens yes some got out within the house that was then corrected and now they have secured enclosures. When I rescued these rabbits they were hard to sex because they were so young. Once again as said in a previous post Lacey isn't pregnant. Some people don't bother to read posts properly instead of jumping to conclusions, making bold claims and accusing and talking down to (newbies) which I am not. Lucky and Lacey are bonded because guess what? I have the capability of bonding rabbits. These two rabbits have been bonded properly and were easy to (re-bonded as they were bonded before being split up) again I have already said this in another post. Once more I have already said Lamb Chop will be getting neutered. Would you like me to repeat myself again?
I'm not going to spend my time gathering examples, but you've made claims then changed them when people are like... Whaaaaaaat?! You have to understand its rather jarring reading someone say they cannot have an aggressive rabbit in their household, when all they have in an intact male rabbit, and everything they're describing is entirely usual for a male who has not been neutered, most people avoid these behaviours by getting their male neutered as soon as possible.

People have spent a lot of time trying to help you and give advice, it's hard to hear these things.. At the end of the day everyone here, you included, clearly loves rabbits!

Where did you rescue these rabbits from? It's unusual/almost unheard of that a rescue centre would rehome young unneutered rabbits. As all buns have to be vaccinated and neutered and be bonded or planned to be bonded usually. Also to appropriate enclosures only, how big of a space do they have?

I'd also like to remind everyone to consider your tone of post, and also that we don't need to necessarily respond to everything, I struggle with this sometimes, but I think sometimes a response isn't needed :)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This might be a good time to remind you all of a quote I haven't used in a while.

The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right... Henry Beecher.

We all have to remember that we can give advice but we can't force people to listen. And, the more aggressive we get with the tone of that advice, the less likely that person is to listen too. How does that help the rabbits in question?

You all have been members here for long enough to know the rules re. tone of posts and 'ganging up'. If you don't feel able to post in accordance with those rules, myself and the mods will be issuing infractions from here on in. Being frustrated is no excuse! Anybody having to sit on their hands should maybe reacquaint themselves with the ignore function.

Likewise, instead of retaliating to perceived rudeness with more rudeness, please report any problems so that the mods can deal with it.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right... Henry Beecher.

I love this quote. I used to use it in a sig somewhere- can’t remember if it was here, or a mental health forum.

I love this quote. I used to use it in a sig somewhere- can’t remember if it was here, or a mental health forum.
Thinking about it, it was probably you I stole it from, so it must have been here!

Well, only if members actually take any notice. [emoji1787]

But isn’t that the point of the message in it …… ;)

* hops for the hills chased by Mods wielding infraction packs*……….:shock:
[emoji1787][emoji1787] True! But everything else I said wasn't advice, it was an instruction. Choose not to follow it at your own peril. *cracks whip* [emoji1787]

[emoji1787][emoji1787] True! But everything else I said wasn't advice, it was an instruction. Choose not to follow it at your own peril. *cracks whip* [emoji1787]

Oh you know me, I am an Angel :p. It really is hard work to be as perfect as me :lol:

You seem to have LC and Lacey in small cages from your photos so it's no wonder they're not happy. Those indoor cages aren't suitable for rabbits - they're way too cramped and you will see aggression, digging, bar biting and fighting.

Many bucks and does become bitey pre neutering - I had a little doe who would come running up and pounce on my feet, and she'd bite every time she was handled. As a baby she was very friendly so it was just hormones and neutering resolved it.

Lucky is not eight weeks post neutering or anywhere close (more like two weeks) so he shouldn't be with an intact doe.

Again more assumptions. Can you see the cages in the photos? No. I've used parts of a cage that I found to bunny proof the hallways and kitchen and yes they were cleaned. The black dog create you see is in there outdoor summer. area which only Lamb Chop uses now as I said before I have had to separate Lamb Chop long ago. He has access to the living-room and part of the outside area which is secured.

Lucky and Lacey are fine together otherwise I wouldn't have put them back together. I spent 3 days re-bonding them before hand. Neither of them wanted top be alone.

Totally agree.

I think its disrespectful when assumptions are made about me because there you all are taring me with the same brush as some idiotic cruel newbie when none of you clearly do not read my posts correctly then go on to say other things that I have done like keeping them in small cage?

Once you have all stopped making assumptions and accusing, Lamb Chop has an appointment on Friday 16th at 2:45 at Vets4Pets and no I wont say what the branch is. I can see quite a few people on here have a lot of time on there hands.

Back