• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Daily Bunny Update

I don't see any risk as its harmless to animals, its just a deterrent. It doesn't last long. Its better than them eating lino which could be very harmful given whats in lino and probably very bad for there digestive system. I have put down large tile slabs now so hopefully there will be no more eating lino.

Lucky has been growing since I got him he is my biggest bunny now. Lacey has also been growing but not as much as Lucky. I haven't noticed any growth in Lamb Chop. Lucky is also the most gentle bunny and the most calm but Lacey on the other hand likes to go behind me and bite my back and you can't really sit with her because all she wants to do is dig and pee and tear things up, hopefully once I get them fixed there behavior will improve. Lamb Chop is very playful but she bites a lot, I think its more playful bites and she is very restless she wont just sit and let me pet her, she bites digs the couch and runs back and forth doing binkies then biting my feet.

It would be nice to be able to sit with them and cuddle them while watching TV one day. Maybe when they mature a bit and they have been fixed then things will improve.

Last edited:
I don't see any risk as its harmless to animals, its just a deterrent. It doesn't last long. Its better than them eating lino which could be very harmful given whats in lino and probably very bad for there digestive system. I have put down large tile slabs now so hopefully there will be no more eating lino.

Lucky has been growing since I got him he is my biggest bunny now. Lacey has also been growing but not as much as Lucky. I haven't noticed any growth in Lamb Chop. Lucky is also the most gentle bunny and the most calm but Lacey on the other hand likes to go behind me and bite my back and you can't really sit with her because all she wants to do is dig and pee and tear things up, hopefully once I get them fixed there behavior will improve. Lamb Chop is very playful but she bites a lot, I think its more playful bites and she is very restless she wont just sit and let me pet her, she bites digs the couch and runs back and forth doing binkies then biting my feet.

It would be nice to be able to sit with them and cuddle them while watching TV one day. Maybe when they mature a bit and they have been fixed then things will improve.

They are behaving like normal young Rabbits. Rabbits being ‘ placid and cuddly’ is a myth and the reason why people who buy them for Children usually want rid of the Rabbits after a few months. IMO we need to let Rabbits behave like Rabbits, which includes digging, binkying and grazing. Some Rabbits might enjoy some head strokes or they might chose to hop up onto a sofa next to their Human Care giver. But few Rabbits want to be a ‘cuddly toy’

It sounds like normal rabbit behaviour if not a little hormonal too. They will all be able to smell eachother on you and will drive them potty!

Lacey and Lamb Chop get on well with each other although I keep them separated when I'm not there to watch them. I let them play together supervised and they both do really well. Lamb Chop nips Lacey sometimes and digs her with her paws when she is laying down, this only happens occasionally and a habit Lamb Chop will grow out of I expect.

They love each others company and were playing together for hours yesterday. There was no mounting going on at all, sometimes Lamb Chop tries to mount Lacey which is the reason why they got separated encase of a fight but yesterday was fine.

Lucky looks like he will be ready for neutering by the end of August. I'm going to get the Does fixed as well although I think with Does you have to give them more time to mature than Bucks before they can be fixed.

Last edited:
They are behaving like normal young Rabbits. Rabbits being ‘ placid and cuddly’ is a myth and the reason why people who buy them for Children usually want rid of the Rabbits after a few months. IMO we need to let Rabbits behave like Rabbits, which includes digging, binkying and grazing. Some Rabbits might enjoy some head strokes or they might chose to hop up onto a sofa next to their Human Care giver. But few Rabbits want to be a ‘cuddly toy’

I agree. You can't help but want to cuddle them sometimes. My old female rabbit, Bloomer used to let me cuddle her and she would just sit there and sometimes lick my face. She was getting on a bit at the time but lived well beyond her life expectancy. She passed away in 2011. I'll never forget my previous rabbits.

Lacey feels a bit underweight compared to Lucky. They are both growing well so perhaps they'll be ready soon for fixin. Lamb Chop a bit younger than the other two.

I made a bunny pen but Lamb Chop can jump over the highest walls/fences she got into Lucky's enclosure but nothing happened thankfully and I was able to get her out in time she also got into my house plants and ate a Pothos leaf and chewed a cord so I've had to put her in a dog cage over night until I can find some more solutions... Free roaming rabbits around the house is easier said than done. I have got more chicken wire for bunny proofing although I think using clear plexiglass around things would look a lot nicer especially around house plants. Still more work to do before my house is totally bunny proof I'm just need to find/buy more wood.

I had to pull a piece of string out from Lamb Chops bum, she must have got it from the couch. I hope she hasn't eaten anymore because it can be quite harmful if the string gets stuck and wraps itself around something inside her. She isn't allowed on the couch anymore unsupervised. I will need to find a solution to where none of the bunny's can get access to fabric things unsupervised.

It makes me wonder when I see all these home make over bunny videos on youtube they use a lot of fabric stuff. My bunnies would tear and eat that stuff in minutes.

You can get 4' high puppy panels to fence off areas - either permanently (for wires, etc), or to keep buns out while unsupervised. 4' high tends to deter most buns, as long as they can't climb on anything nearby.

You can get 4' high puppy panels to fence off areas - either permanently (for wires, etc), or to keep buns out while unsupervised. 4' high tends to deter most buns, as long as they can't climb on anything nearby.

I have been looking at them online deciding on what to get because I will need quite a lot for what I'm planing. I've somewhat done the living room although the bunnies love finding new things to eat like walls and skirting boards and going behind the door to munch the dried paint off the door so there are always more things to be addressed. Today I'll be doing some more bunny proofing. Lamb Chop can jump 4 foot fencing :shock: I should train her to be a show bunny maybe... lol.

"Free roaming rabbits around the house is easier said than done."

I've had house bunnies for years but when I'm not around they don't free roam - they stay in one bunny proof room. I never allow them in the bedrooms, bathroom or kitchen as there's just too much to chew. Mine are lionheads who are small and not great jumpers and they wouldn't get over a 4 foot barrier, but from what I've seen on here mini lops like Lamb Chop are excellent jumpers!

Don't worry too much about them not being cuddly - Dusty was wild as a baby and a year latee she hops up and sits on my husband's lap every night, enjoying being stroked.

Last edited:
I had to pull a piece of string out from Lamb Chops bum, she must have got it from the couch. I hope she hasn't eaten anymore because it can be quite harmful if the string gets stuck and wraps itself around something inside her. She isn't allowed on the couch anymore unsupervised. I will need to find a solution to where none of the bunny's can get access to fabric things unsupervised.

It makes me wonder when I see all these home make over bunny videos on youtube they use a lot of fabric stuff. My bunnies would tear and eat that stuff in minutes.

The string incident is very worrying as it could indeed have proved fatal.

The string incident is very worrying as it could indeed have proved fatal.

Most definitely. I don't know how she managed to eat string unless she found it outside in the dirt. My first thought was that it must of came from the couch so unless she ate it from the couch when I had my back turned for that split second I don't really know...

"Free roaming rabbits around the house is easier said than done."

I've had house bunnies for years but when I'm not around they don't free roam - they stay in one bunny proof room. I never allow them in the bedrooms, bathroom or kitchen as there's just too much to chew. Mine are lionheads who are small and not great jumpers and they wouldn't get over a 4 foot barrier, but from what I've seen on here mini lops like Lamb Chop are excellent jumpers!

Don't worry too much about them not being cuddly - Dusty was wild as a baby and a year latee she hops up and sits on my husband's lap every night, enjoying being stroked.

My bunnies seem to learn quickly. They have figured out where they can and can't go. They stay secured in there own bunny proofed areas when I'm not around but sometimes when I'm supervising them there will be times when I've got my back turned but I do watch them like a hawk for the most part. Today they have been very good. I sat on the floor with Lamb Chop for sometime to pet her and play and Lacey likes her head strokes she will lay there and roll over sometimes while shes being petted. Lucky has become very cuddly his body is more plumped and broad, he only likes to be cuddled on his terms tho. Lamb Chop has to stay in her dog cage because she can jump high barriers. She now knows when its time to go to her cage.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how quickly my rabbits are learning. I don't even need to use my clicker. Lamb Chop now goes to her cage on her own at 20:30 as it gets dark. She knows when its time.

Dusty has access to an open cage with food, litter and water in it whilst roaming and will often go and sit or sleep in there of her own accord, with the door wide open. I guess it's the burrow mentality as my others were the same.

Back