• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Daily Bunny Update

Dusty has access to an open cage with food, litter and water in it whilst roaming and will often go and sit or sleep in there of her own accord, with the door wide open. I guess it's the burrow mentality as my others were the same.

I would love to be able to do that with Lamb Chop, the only issue is that she is very good at jumping over barriers. I would be to worried to leave her out unsupervised there are just to many hazards. She managed to find her way into Lucky's enclosure one evening.

Today something has happened... Lamb Chop has been humping Lacey and at first I thought nothing of it. Lacey just brushes her off without any issues except.... Lamb Chop is not a she Yikes... today I noticed that Lamb Chop has a pair of balls. Lamb Chop is a male :oops:

I now potentially have a pregnant bunny.

Today something has happened... Lamb Chop has been humping Lacey and at first I thought nothing of it. Lacey just brushes her off without any issues except.... Lamb Chop is not a she Yikes... today I noticed that Lamb Chop has a pair of balls. Lamb Chop is a male :oops:

I now potentially have a pregnant bunny.

Can you get hey booked in for a spay asap so there are no babies

They've been together for a while haven't they? So it's possible she might have become pregnant a while ago. Under those circumstances a vet might not be keen to spay.

I would take her to the vet, explain the situation and get their advice.

I have some good news and it doesn't look like Lacey is pregnant at all. They are probably to young for it. She'll be going for a check up when Lamb Chop gets his neutering but right now Lamp Chop is the priority then I will take Lacey to the vet to confirm that she isn't pregnant.

I gave them some toilet roll tubes and stuffed them with hay and they have eaten the tubes and left the hay.

I have some good news and it doesn't look like Lacey is pregnant at all. They are probably to young for it. She'll be going for a check up when Lamb Chop gets his neutering but right now Lamp Chop is the priority then I will take Lacey to the vet to confirm that she isn't pregnant.

I gave them some toilet roll tubes and stuffed them with hay and they have eaten the tubes and left the hay.

I would avoid giving them cardboard if they ingest it. It has the potential to cause a blockage in the GI tract.

Will you be getting Lacey vaccinated when she has her check up ?

I would avoid giving them cardboard if they ingest it. It has the potential to cause a blockage in the GI tract.

Will you be getting Lacey vaccinated when she has her check up ?

Agree about the cardboard. The rabbits have already been vaccinated it is mentioned much earlier in the thread :thumb:

Lucky woke me up at 4am because he somehow got out from his pen. I don't know how. He must have climbed up the corner or something and then he got out again so I went to check on him. There was nowhere from him to go other than into the bathroom. I closed the kitchen door so he could not go in there because I have house plants in there that he can not eat so as there were no more risks to eliminate I left him to it and went back to bed. He wanted to play at 4 in the morning lol.

Lucky went from nipping me to licking me. He loves my attention and I've been bonding with him. It feels so magical how a rabbits personalty can change when you take the time and pet your bunny and talk to them. He was doing Binky's around me. He is almost like Lamb Chop I have a very good bond with Lamb Chop too.

Lucky went from nipping me to licking me. He loves my attention and I've been bonding with him. It feels so magical how a rabbits personalty can change when you take the time and pet your bunny and talk to them. He was doing Binky's around me. He is almost like Lamb Chop I have a very good bond with Lamb Chop too.

That's lovely, happy bunnies :love:

Lacey has been making some noises the kinda "shes pregnant" noises. I'm going to build her a place she can nest in just encase. Shes put on some weight but not a whole lot. If she starts pulling her fur from her stomach then I'll know more but until then I'm just going to assume its a phantom pregnancy... its early days so I don't know just yet. I will be building her new enclosure tomorrow. I found some nice bits of wood the other day. I can never have enough timber, I'm always needing to build stuff that involves timber which is getting expensive to buy so I savage what I can.

If Lacey is pregnant she will have beautiful babies because Lamb Chop would be the father who is an albino lop. I'll just have to see where things will go.

Last edited:
Lucky has really impressed me this morning. He is so toilet trained its insane. During the night he often escapes his pen but he only has access to the bathroom when he does which is safe. He can't always get back into his pen so I leave a bowl of water in the bathroom for him. Each morning he waits for me to pick him up and put him back into his pen. The first thing he does is go straight to his litter tray. There is not a single dropping or puddle of urine anywhere. He does it all in his litter tray. That has impressed me.

I'm buying one of those pet/child gates either today or tomorrow so that he can't escape his pen. He is growing and now is able to jump over the walls of his pen. I don't like the idea of him going into the bathroom because of him going behind the toilet.

Last edited:
Well today Lucky bit me right out of the blue. I was petting him and he sank his teeth right into my arm and drew blood. I do not understand why he did that so I put him back into his enclosure. Lacey is pregnant she has nipples on her belly now and I built her a new enclosure for when she gives birth which should be by the end of September. Lamb Chop kept scaring the birds, he didn't mean too, he just wanted to eat the seeds from the floor by the aviary that the birds had knocked out there food bowl.

Last edited:
Oh dear, I'd read up on hand rearing (if you absolutely have to do it, it's not advised to touch the kits etc unless mum is really not looking after them) and get supplies just incase. Hand rearing is very rarely successful, I hand reared a litter abandoned without the mum and was very lucky 3/4 survived. Cimicat is the recommended milk for them. As Lacey is so young she might have more problems.

Lacey is very stressed out this morning and no matter what I do its not working. I'm going to be worried about her today she has gone back into her enclosure..

Maybe take Lacey to the vet to confirm her pregnancy as all female rabbits have nipples regardless of whether they are pregnant or not.

She seems to be ok now. Its not very ideal in this situation for her to be so stressed out. She tipped her water bowl over in the night so she had no water to drink. I filled it up this morning and she drank some but then tipped it over again so I will need to find a solution to that problem, maybe drill some holes at the side then tie the water bowl down with some stainless steel wire. She did the same to her food bowl. Shes not a happy bunny.

Back