• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Lops

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
How large do Mini Lops grow?

How do they compare with a non Mini Lops?

I've been looking at some photos online of Mini Lops and its hard to get an idea of how big they are but some don't look like "Mini" bunnies.

Mini Lops - about 1.6kg

oyfx66g.jpg

Dwarf Lop- about 1.9kg- 2.4kg

wP2yguF.jpg

Ah ok so not to far off from one another. It would be interesting to see a side by side picture. I have looked but can't find any.

I am thinking about adopting a mini lop but I'm mainly after the large breeds and if mini lops aren't that far off from regular lops then its a possibility I may consider. I have room for two more rabbits and I want to choose carefully. Its not that I dislike mini breeds I just prefer big cuddly bunnies although with that said its nice to have a mixture of small and large.

Last edited:
Ah ok so not to far off from one another. It would be interesting to see a side by side picture. I have looked but can't find any.

I am thinking about adopting a mini lop but I'm mainly after the large breeds and if mini lops aren't that far off from regular lops then its a possibility I may consider. I have room for two more rabbits and I want to choose carefully. Its not that I dislike mini breeds I just prefer big cuddly bunnies although with that said its nice to have a mixture of small and large.
Does it have to be a lop?

What about a Californian, they're really chill ime and just so funny [emoji38] personality wise I think they're my fav buns :) ohh and their markings change with the season!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What about a Californian, they're really chill ime and just so funny [emoji38] personality wise I think they're my fav buns :) ohh and their markings change with the season!

From my experience with just one Doe, who is actually a Californian/New Zealand White cross, I have to agree. Beautiful personality :love:

Californian bunnies are lovely looking bunnies I have already thought about it and there is one at my local city farm that is going to be re-homed as they have to many rabbits. I have put my name down for it but I've heard nothing from the farm so I don't know if I'll be chosen to adopt it.

I would like a lop because its nice to have a mixture in the family.

Belgian hares are nice too. There is so much choice out there with so many rabbits looking for new homes it can be hard to decide on what ones to pick. There aren't Californian bunnies up for re-homing in my reachable area apart from the one at the city farm. I may just go back there for a visit and enquirer. As for mini lops there are literally thousands of them up for adoption everywhere its quite sad but plenty of choice when it comes to mini lops.

I have made up my mind on the mini lops I'm looking for:

Black and white patchy lop "blue or red eyes would be a bonus"

Blue eyed tortoise shell lop

If I came across a Flemish Giant that was patchy black and white "which seem to be a rarity" I would pick one over a mini lop if it was the same color combination.

Nothing is set in stone because there are other breeds I'm also interested in and if I do get picked to adopt the Cali bunny from the farm then I'll only be looking for one more bunny to join the bunny family.

Last edited:
You may have problems with the eye colour - blue eyes are normally associated with all white, colourpointed / Himalayan markings, or Vienna marked rabbits. I'm sure you will find one somewhere that appeals to you and fits in with the rest of the herd. I also like mine to be distinctly different from each other so I don't get them mixed up.

This is George, his age is unknown and he is neutered. He would be perfect to join my bunny family. He is currently up for adoption at a center although I have a feeling he will be hard to get. These adoption centers can be rather difficult. I will apply for him although it doesn't say where he is located. Worth a try you never know. It really boggles my mind how somebody could abandon such a beautiful bunny.

PXL_20220628_123014751-800x649.jpg

Last edited:
There are so so many beautiful rabbits and not enough beautiful homes for them all.

I am having to give up one of my beauties (tried to bond her to one of my pairs but the bond failed. Not enough space for a third set up). She will be going back to honeybunnies rescue in Leicester.

I hope you are successful with both rabbits you have chosen.

Dusty, the grey rabbit is the one I am returning to the rescue. Bless her.

Last edited:
The center is in Twickenham which isn't far. I wonder if I could go there in person :roll:
I got my piggies from them semi recently, I think they mainly use fosters? So you'd probably go meet the bun at its foster home if you were approved etc

I didn't have the best experience with them tbh, but that's all down to the fosterer

I always have ideas about my preferred kind of rabbit look & the bunnies I'd like to have but it rarely works out that way & tbh I'm really glad. There is no way 8 years ago I'd have chosen my REW lop Boo if she hadn't been the only single female available in rescue near-ish us. Turns out she is one of the most amazing bunnies ever, beautiful inside & out:love: Then when Boo's partner died this year we had to get her a new friend. He is handsome, young & fast... & small...again I wouldn't have chosen a small bunny but it sure is fun being introduced to a whole new bunny experience. He is a law unto himself, I've had house bunnies for 30 years & never known anything like it :lol:

I always have ideas about my preferred kind of rabbit look & the bunnies I'd like to have but it rarely works out that way & tbh I'm really glad. There is no way 8 years ago I'd have chosen my REW lop Boo if she hadn't been the only single female available in rescue near-ish us. Turns out she is one of the most amazing bunnies ever, beautiful inside & out:love: Then when Boo's partner died this year we had to get her a new friend. He is handsome, young & fast... & small...again I wouldn't have chosen a small bunny but it sure is fun being introduced to a whole new bunny experience. He is a law unto himself, I've had house bunnies for 30 years & never known anything like it [emoji38]
[emoji38] This is like me and Willoughby, I didn't really care who we got for Apricot tbh just needed someone, but never ever ever would I have picked a nethie [emoji38] he's hilarious though [emoji38] his grumpy little face kills me and he's so bloody fast! [emoji38]

Back