• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfred - sadly passed

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I’m sorry and utterly heartbroken to have to say that our beautiful Alfred bunny has just died in my arms. I’m utterly heartbroken, devastated and I just don’t know how to carry on now. I kept an eye on him during the night - he just sat not really wanting to do much. I felt it was just the after effects of yesterday.
I went to see him 10 minutes ago and as I did, he began to spasm and sadly passed almost immediately in my arms. Just like Leo did last year, Lillian last year and Henry the year before that.
I can’t stop crying - Alfred was an amazing character, so full of life and presence and now he’s lost that and I have another huge hole in my heart.
I really don’t feel like carrying on anymore. Alfred wasn’t even with us a year and he’s gone.
I’ll post a tribute on rainbow bridge later when I have stopped crying.
Sorry everyone.
Craig.

OMG. This is surreal. Sending you mega hugs.
I cannot believe that you lost another bunny when you take such good care of them. My heart breaks for you. Flo, and your wife.

Oh Craig I'm so sorry to read that you've lost Alfred. You take such good care of your bunnies and were so prompt in getting Alfred to the vet. It's not fair that this has happened to you again.

Oh Craig, I'm gutted to see this. I wish there were something I could do. Sending comforting vibes to you, your wife and Flo. This just isn't fair. :cry:

Sleep peacefully, Alfred. xxxx

I'm so sorry to hear your heart breaking update Craig, I feel so sad for you & Jan. I wish I could find some useful words. You'll all be in my thoughts. Be kind to yourself.

Sweet dreams Alfred, you handsome boy xx

I know exactly how it feels losing a rabbit. When mine crossed over to the other side at different times from old age it was very hard for me and I never did get over it I still think about them to this day. I loved my rabbits. 12 years later I decided to get some more and I now got two rescued babies. Sorry for your loss. It will get better over time.

Oh Craig I don't even know what to say. There just aren't any words to express how much sadness I feel for you :cry:
I hope you can take some comfort in knowing how much joy you would've brought to his life during the time he was with you. He had a very happy home with you all.
Sending so much love xx

Oh Craig I'm so sorry, I completely missed the other thread too :'( I'm so sorry :'(

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back