• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin is Very Sick- U/D 8th July

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Please, please send vibes. We think we are going to lose her.
Acute abdominal problem, but NOT gut stasis
Obstruction ruled out

On numerous meds

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh no, Roisin :( I really hope the meds help. Sending loads of vibes for our precious girlie.

Thank you

Has anyone had any problems related to a Bunny ingesting A LOT of the supposedly safe willow chew tunnels ?

Thank you

Has anyone had any problems related to a Bunny ingesting A LOT of the supposedly safe willow chew tunnels ?
Sending so many vibes for her :(

Atticus and my pigs eat willow tunnels like they're hay, with no problems. But doesn't willow have a mega weak painkiller substance in it? Maybe not the dry version Idk. I could be talking out my **** there

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sending so many vibes for her :(

Atticus and my pigs eat willow tunnels like they're hay, with no problems. But doesn't willow have a mega weak painkiller substance in it? Maybe not the dry version Idk. I could be talking out my **** there

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Salicin - supposed to act like mild aspirin. My bunnies seems to just destroy willow stuff but I've never seen them eat it.

Millions of vibes for Roisin xx

Has she had xrays to rule out a piece of willow twig where it shouldn't be?

The willow in itself shouldn't be an issue. I presume it's not treated with anything (doesn't need to be). I've never had an issue with willow branches, although they tend to be fresh ones, or ones I've dried for winter forage.

Willow bark used to be chewed for pain relief, before aspirin was developed.

Sending loads of vibes!

Primrose used to eat willow like mad and never caused any issues. Although I would guess it might slow things down?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

The RU vibes must have kicked in. Over the last couple of hours Roisin has shown some signs of improvement.

If she were a Horse I would say what happened this morning was acute colic. Very, very strange.

I missed this earlier. I too used to give my bunnies willow but they'd only chew and discard the pieces, unless it was the leafy wreaths, but even then they'd leave the stems.
Hoping Roisin is back to herself soon. xxxxx

Back