• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin is Very Sick- U/D 8th July

I can’t be certain it was the willow, she has had it many times before. But she hasn’t eaten so much of it in one go. As it does have mild anti inflammatory properties I wonder if eating a lot of it can cause gastric irritation, like Aspirin and Ibuprofen :?

Glad she's on the mend.

I'd have thought if it were the willow, it is because of the volume of it, rather than the specific content of it. As in a too much of something type issue.

Glad she is feeling better. Maybe the knawing effect was her way of trying to relieve any pain she was having? Like some bunnies would say chew a rug or carpet or something else when sore

Jane, So sorry I missed this earlier, yet glad to see she is doing better. Sending more vibes. Perhaps it was fresher and it was like a change in diet?

She has just passed the most enormous cecotroph, the first output in 24 hours. I really hope that she will start eating for herself now…..

Thanks everyone. She is now nibbling at hay and some Cavolo Nero. She is still having Emeraid syringe feeds. I am pretty certain it was the willow that caused all this. I won’t be giving Willow Toys to her again.

Well overnight we have had a Poonami ! She has passed 48 hours worth of poo. Some of it normal, some of it gross. And some of it containing mucus and UNDIGESTED WILLOW.

Never again will I give my Rabbits the Willow chew toys. I have never had any problems with them before, but I am too scared to risk it again. I will be contacting the supplier to let them know

Poor Roisin! :(Well better out than in! (I can empathize with her so much right now...poor lass!)

Hmm. Odd that willow has suddenly caused a problem but there are plenty of other treats to be had. I hope she continues to go from strength to strength. xxxxx

Back